What's the best thing about running social accounts for businesses in the fall? What content tips do you have?

As summer is winding down…many businesses are looking toward fall. Let’s share tips as we get into fall content creation. Do you do anything special? Have any great tips?

ps posting this today…because apparently, if Dunkin’ says it’s Fall…it must be???

(note: starting this post in Community Chat for a couple days and then will move over to the Connect…Business Mastermind area as we’re working on getting the Business Mastermind going!)

1 Like

@cspenn I can’t help to add your annual “famous” Pumpkin Spice data analytics blog post!

3 Likes

Hi Deb,

I know except for certain industries, a lot of marketers don’t pay much attention to Halloween content, but I have a few pieces, just because they’re fun! But, as always, they’re still business related (like: A Halloween Story: When Customers Haunt You) lol or I did a scary Halloween content video rhyme too…maybe it’s something to refreshen for this year, come to think of it! I love Fall and we have a Pumpkin Squares with Cream Cheese Icing recipe that’s a huge seasonal winner all the way til Christmas, usually:) Take care and thanks for all your hard work!
With appreciation and Jackolatern smiles, Sue-Ann

3 Likes

AND p.s. For clients doing Fall social, the possibilities are many. There are a lot of ways to make it fun and creative. But also, I notice in the B2B space, business seems to be in rev up mode after lullying a bit in August. Education kicks up a notch and digital course creators can benefit from a Fall ramp up, too. It’s business time to get serious for a successful year end and for many of my clients, that’s the focus. Also, it’s definitely not too early to get Black Friday campaigns together, or updated, for those who participate. Some industries, like event and catering, are moving towards a big push to book for holiday revenue opportunites. Oh gosh, there’s no time for lullying in August!! lol

2 Likes

Oo good call! Our industry is aviation, so I guess it’s time to start working in some “Fall getaways” or “holiday vacay” messaging. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think the coolest thing about fall is that our content should meet our ideal people where they are…and with most of the audience I work with in the United States there is so much that could be going on with them during the fall…so many different places to meet them. It makes it exciting to create content around fall, football, Halloween, cooler temperatures, pumpkin spice, back to school, carnivals, pumpkin patches, hayrides, bonfires, busy schedules, shopping, changing seasons, Thanksgiving, etc. No matter the time of year, I try to imagine the places my people will be…or the places they want to be during that time and let that help guide my creativity.

2 Likes