What? Instagram Subscriptions?

It’s one thing to read about it and another thing to run into it.

1 Like

This is super interesting, especially for those of us who are interested in the membership idea!
@lori

1 Like

Interesting!
My friend Elizabeth did her own workaround version of this with Cheap Old Houses—they launched a Cheap Old Houses “secret” account for subscribers. I imagine real subscriptions will make this a little easier to manage (though not sure if it will also integrate with their membership and newsletter tools).

I haven’t encountered any subscriptions yet, but now I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled!

2 Likes

my notifications are FILLED with Subscription announcements now. I just counted 8 out of 10 notification was announcing a subscription with subscriber-only group chats –

1 Like

With subscriptions, you can create exclusive Instagram content and offer benefits with:

• Subscriber Lives
  • Subscriber stories
  • Subscriber badges
  • Subscriber posts
  • Subscriber reels
  • Subscriber group chats
  • Subscriber broadcast chats
1 Like

I’ve always wanted a crown…

“If you have a Subscription to that creator’s content, everyone viewing the creator’s content will be able to see your purple crown badge in the comments during the Instagram Live and on the comments under the post.”

2 Likes

I don’t use Instagram that much, do we think that there will be a lot of adoption for this? I guess it’s pretty similar to a super follower and people do those, so I suppose it’s just another way to monetize. Nothing wrong with that for sure.

2 Likes

If you can gauge value by how many subscription notices I see in my feed I think it’s going to be big for certain audiences. For people who have built up a big audience on Instagram and have maybe more content than they can post then having a private posting and chatting feed with subscribers is a really good feature.

2 Likes

For sure! If that’s where their main bulk of their content goes, it may have a good proposition value. I actually haven’t gotten ANY subscription notices so I guess it’s slowly being rolled out to people. Not that I follow that many on Instagram.

2 Likes