Job Title: USGA Championship Social Media Manager
Company: United States Golf Association (USGA)
Location: Morristown, NJ
USGA Championship Social Media Manager
at United States Golf Association
Liberty Corner, NJ 07938
The USGA is a leader in the global golf industry, whose purpose is to unify the game through programs like the World Handicap System, to showcase the best talent in the game through championships, to govern the game to promote fairness for all who play, and to advance the game and golf courses through innovation and science and programs that grow participation.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
What you can expect:
The Manager, Championship Social Media will oversee USGA championship social media channels and drive strategy and execution. This individual must possess expertise around social media platforms and what constitutes valuable and engaging content, helping to tell stories that promote and support the USGA’s championships and competitors, and draw in and engage fans across these dynamic channels. This role will collaborate closely with colleagues to determine how best to produce or share content that delivers upon our championship brands’ objectives and keeps an ongoing dialogue with our fans.
- Oversee the distribution of organic social media content across all USGA championship social media channels. Collaborate with content/creative/marketing teams to produce championship content that engages fans on social media. Co-manage a social media calendar and be nimble enough to produce content supporting breaking news or other time-sensitive developments. Deliver incremental reach and engagement growth.
- Remain current with social media trends and developments and offer perspective on how they may or may not be a fit for USGA channels.
- Manage social copy and publishing, as well as content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook
- Develop strategies to drive fan engagement and build community, engaging and interacting with the broader golf industry/community
- Understand social platforms and oversee the creation of content from idea to execution
- Track content performance, discovering and implementing actionable insights.
- Travel to select USGA championships to support social media, including: manage daily/weekly content plans, create and post content and oversee an expanded on-site team of social media creators and contributors
- Manage the USGA’s relationship with Twitter, ensuring current tools are available and the USGA’s methods and approaches are best practice
What you bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BS/BA degree or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in producing, editing and managing social media content
- Ability to work nights and weekends, including significant time from June through September
- Love of social media and the power it has to communicate and engage audiences
- Excellent judgement around what works and doesn’t work on social platforms
- Recognition that different channels have variations in tone, style and substance
- A fan of professional sports/golf
- A passion for interactive, multimedia storytelling and two-way conversations
- Strong visual sensibility to support video and photo goals on social channels
- Detail-oriented and committed to quality control for all content
- Energetic and able to meet ongoing deadlines
- Team-oriented and versatile contributor with solid communication, engagement and collaboration skills
- Curiosity and appreciation of new technologies and techniques
About the USGA
The USGA is a nonprofit organization that celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment, handicapping and amateur status rules. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer