Update Your Profile Information (Account settings, username)

One of the best ways to connect with fellow Social Media Pulse members is to update your profile.

To change core profile elements, click your profile photo>profile icon>Preferences:

From there you can change your Usernaame and Profile Picture, plus run through numerous other account options along the lefthand side:

But what about my email and name, you ask?

It won’t be this way for much longer, but you can change that info via hamburger menu>Account:

• Make your change in the First Name, Last Name, and/or Email Address field;
  • Click Update Details;
  • Click Back to Community:

You can also change your bio there^, but there is a spot for that when you’re back on Preferences, too – select Profile from the Account menu and you can make that update there:

You can also add a ton more profile details further down that page, including your social media accounts and header images for your SMP profile page!

If you have trouble, share in the comments here and we’ll help you out – and we’ll see you out there!

4 Likes

Thank you, this was very helpful!

1 Like

Awesome glad it helped!!! Welcome to Social Media Pulse!
-deb

Thanks @deb :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I just joined and am having trouble figuring out how to update my short bio. It is only showing the first few words of what I entered when I created my account. I have looked through all the settings and can’t find it.

2 Likes

Hi @taylor, sorry for the trouble! You’re running into a little bug where a special character – usually an ampersand (&) – will cut off the rest of your bio. We have a fix in the works for this issue, so stay tuned.

For now, you can just delete the special character – but where can you do that?

Again, another point of confusion we’ve gathered from our initial launch feedback – for which we also have an update on the way – it’s in the Account portal (for a visual, skip to 1:18 in the video @deb posted above^ titled SMP How to change your profile photo):

• At top-right of any page, select Account;
  • Then My Account;
  • Update your bio and remove special characters;
  • Choose Update Details;

From there, to get back to your front-facing profile:

• Click Back to Account Settings (one of the underlined options underneath the Update Details button); and, finally
  • Select My Community Profile, where you will then see your full bio after clicking Expand at top-right

Again, our apologies that it isn’t more straightforward – this will all be remedied very soon.

Thanks for joining us (and for your patience :blush:) – and please feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

2 Likes

That did it! Thank you for the feedback! Looking forward to getting know everyone in the group.

2 Likes

Great news :tada: :tada: :tada: And glad to help – excited to get to know you, too!!!