Job Title: Intern
Company: Universal Studios Hollywood
Location: Universal City, CA
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
This intern role will get a full introduction into how a Fortune 500 Enterprise Company manages their social media channels, digital communities, and business organization. Intern will get to participate in strategy and campaign planning and will spend many hours working on community management and content creation - including social video, photo, and graphic design for owned social media channels.
**MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: **
- Assists with content creation for owned social media channels with oversight from leadership.
- Manages digital community engagement.
- Supports campaign conception, creation, and publishing.
- Assists with social media moderation to maintain brand standards.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UDX policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Prior social media marketing or internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Experience with content creation and software such as Photoshop, Sprinklr, and Canva preferred.
- Photography, blogging, journalism and content creation knowledge preferred.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
**Please note the following: **
- This internship will be a hybrid experience.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university.
- Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pay Range: $18-$25/hour
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.