Trouble with Links on LinkedIn Desktop

Hey friends, I’ve noticed something a little unsettling on LinkedIn this morning, and I’m not sure how long things have been this way. We saw a spike in traffic for a client coming from a LinkedIn UTM yesterday, and when we went to the client’s LinkedIn Page to see the post, we noticed that links are not hyperlinking on LinkedIn from desktop in any of our posts. (they just show up as text, they don’t turn blue like they’re supposed to… hashtags are still working and are still showing up blue) When I went to our pages on my LinkedIn app on my phone, the links are there and working as they should. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? (One of my coworkers tested from his desktop as well, so it’s not just my device)

cc: @judiwfox

Thanks in advance and hope everyone’s having a great week!
-Jen

1 Like

Ooh, that’s super annoying! I’m glad they’re at least still working on mobile, but that’s maddening that they’re not doing it properly on desktop.

In addition to @judiwfox I’m also going to tag in @louise @sarah2 @hello2 @aj1 @dorien

1 Like

Hi

Yes I am aware of this too - it’s across the board on desktop. A few of us have asked LI what’s going on but no-one has heard anything yet.

We’re hoping it’s a glitch and not a new operation. That would be a mistake right?! Fingers crossed and if I hear anything, I’ll pop in here and update you all. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Yes agree with @sarah2 - the links on desktop are not blue / not working - it’s good to know it’s not just you :slight_smile:

One recent great way to get LinkedIn’s attention on a post as an example to show LinkedIn something is not working is to tag this account = https://www.linkedin.com/in/lihelp/

Use “@linkedin help” in the comments and tell them the link isn’t working… they sometimes respond to being tagged into the comments of posts within about 5 to 30 minutes during business hours.

3 Likes

Ooo very good to know. Thank you so much! So helpful!

2 Likes

Lol right? Such a wild glitch for a social media platform! Hopefully it fixes itself soon. Meanwhile, I’m going to be tagging LinkedIn like @judiwfox mentioned. :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, wow—never knew that “@linkedin help” trick! Very handy!

3 Likes

PS - I just saw a post with a blue hyperlink on the newsfeed… so maybe glitch in the LinkedIn universe is officially over :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yaaay! That’s wonderful news. Thanks everyone!

1 Like