TikTok-style video creation pricing for clients?

Hey all! I’m not sure if this is too specific a question or out of scope? I’d like to get info on pricing strategy for creating TikTok-style video creation. i.e., taking unedited video content and adding all of the graphic effects that are common in TikTok videos.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Laura! TikTok pricing sounds like it can be pretty tricky. We aren’t quite doing this at my agency yet because we don’t have the bandwidth and also because TikTok just isn’t a good fit for many of our clients. But I did see that @shannon1 is also looking for TikTok clients, so maybe you and she could brainstorm on pricing ideas?

3 Likes

Thanks for your question Laura…no question is too specific or out of scope! Can’t wait to see what the community says!

1 Like

@shannon1 I know you mentioned TikTok…any thoughts on how you’d do pricing?

oops…I see Jen Cole already tagged you!

1 Like

Whereas we don’t do video content “specifically” for Tik Tok, I can tell you that we charge $500 for a 30 second video. Now they (end client) can use that in any way they wish.

4 Likes

Not entirely creating for a client, but I’m coaching clients how to make TikToks and charge $300 for the hour and we usually produce 2 x 15 sec TikToks in that time. I demonstrate with the first one and then guide them as they create the second one. It’s beginner level in the first session and get more advanced in later ones.

4 Likes

This is super interesting as it’s a question I’ve been pondering on, too. To date, we’ve been pricing based on time required. I see it much more like standard video. It can take a long time or no time at all, depending on what it is. I’ve tried to include a couple into a retainer but I don’t think that has worked for us.

That said, there is something about being able to respond quickly to trends so I see the logic in just seeing it as another type of content that a retainer could include.

4 Likes

That’s very helpful, thank you so much!

3 Likes