Job Title: Sr. Social Media Manager
Company: Vista Outdoor Inc.
Location: Petaluma, CA
CamelBak is seeking a talented and creative Sr. Social Media Manager with a genuine passion for the outdoors to join our team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering social marketing results, with the ability to create a long-term vision for all platforms and drive ideas from conception to execution.
Success in this role requires the ability to think strategically, move fast to execute strategy and set customer-centric campaign goals; excellent project management skills; a deep and current knowledge of each platform’s unique offerings and influencers; a keen eye for compelling and innovative content; and a passion for continuous improvement. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial nature to try new and different things with minimal direction, a drive for testing and learning as well as the ability to prioritize effectively and balance data-driven and instinct-driven decisions.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Global Brand Marketing and is a hybrid position in Petaluma, CA.
As the Sr. Social Media Manager, you will have an opportunity to:
- Create and implement a global organic content and amplification strategy for: YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (for both CamelBak rec and our tactical military page).
- Identify unique demographic nuances and develop individual growth strategies for each platform.
- Drive testing strategy & oversees social content calendar development.
- Global strategy development for community management.
- Partners with creative & brand team to identify needs for social-first content.
- Manage all global (organic) social pages & governance, incl. international pages / platforms.
- Maintain deep understanding of social media metrics and data analysis and ownership of data touchpoints.
- Lead social media monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting & socialize to broader leadership groups.
- Prepares quarterly trend reports, inclusive of actionable recommendations to our approach, stay abreast on emerging trends both inside and outside of our industry.
- Oversees paid awareness strategy & vendor (upper funnel), in partnership with ecommerce team’s lower funnel paid efforts.
- Establish & maintain social brand governance (domestic & distributor activity).
- CamelBak.com blog strategy development, branding & positioning lead, inclusive of content planning and sourcing.
- Develop strategy for short/long term influencer programming & seeding program, including establishing and tracking KPIs.
- Lead in further development of global social playbook.
- Prepares strategic campaign onboarding materials for influencers/partners.
- Strategic thought partner in campaign planning & positioning to ensure cross-team opportunities are realized & maximized.
- Establish regular meeting cadence to connect with sister brand counterparts to share learnings / best practices.
- Use real-time events with cultural and audience insights to develop reactive concepts
- Provides thought leadership and guidance for social media best practices such as content publishing guidelines, KPI benchmarks, and channel growth strategies across our organization.
- Keen focus on continuing to build upon a sense of pride and engagement for our social presence internally.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in social marketing.
- Experience building, executing, and scaling cross-functional marketing programs.
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements.
- Experience using platforms such as Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Smartsheet, Planoly (other social publishing platforms).
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data.
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership.
- Experience generating and executing large-scale social media campaigns across digital platforms with a track record of growing audiences and delivering on engagement metrics.
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners/talent.
- Analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs.
- Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior executives.
- Experience launching and/or directly managing social accounts.
- Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and pioneering new approaches.
- Outdoor Industry background, knowledge and fluency strongly preferred.
$88,800.00 - $139,000.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled