Job Title: Sr. Social Media Manager, Martha Stewart Digital
Company: Dotdash Meredith
Location: New York, NY
Sr. Social Media Manager, Martha Stewart Digital
Dotdash Meredith is seeking a Senior Social Media Manager to help us take Martha Stewart Digital to the next level. We are looking for a savvy content creator with a passion for all things food, home decor, gardening, entertaining, wellness, weddings, and DIY, who is eager to drive the ongoing social media evolution and growth of one of the biggest lifestyle sites.
The Senior Social Media Manager will report to the Editorial Director and be responsible for strategy, management, and execution of all social content for Martha Stewart and Martha Stewart Weddings, with an eye towards growing traffic and boosting audience engagement.
Our Senior Social Media Manager must be a creative and strategic thinker with impeccable writing and communication skills. They should be detail-oriented and deadline-driven to juggle the priorities and meet the deadlines that are crucial to the success of our business. They should also be highly organized, collaborative, and adept at using analytics and social media best practices. Our ideal candidate has experience creating social media videos and reels, and using social media publishing platforms, Photoshop, and Google Analytics. Experience working with celebrities/celebrity-driven brands a plus.
- Partner with editorial and brand leadership to ideate social plans and products to support content and brand initiatives.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar for all social channels (including Martha Stewart Weddings), ensuring content is tailored for each platform.
- Manage daily posting for all Martha Stewart social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok, writing compelling, social-friendly, impeccable copy that reflects our brand voice and values.
- Identify opportunities to further extend the digital reach of the brand, drive traffic, and grow awareness of the brand.
- Develop new franchises and social products to boost audience engagement and diversify feeds.
- Work closely with the video team to develop social strategy for video, including ideating new series ideas and reviewing assets for social promotion.
- Work closely with the design team to create visual assets for social and cross-platform executions.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing teams to ideate social-first campaigns, and execute paid and sponsored integrations.
- Collaborate with third-party business partner to support Martha Stewart-branded merchandise.
- Analyze weekly/monthly social performance and KPIs including monthly traffic goals, engagement and reach on social channels, video views, etc.
- Monitor competitors and current social trends to identify new opportunities and leverage best practices.
- Manage direct report: Social Media Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communications, Marketing, English or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in social media at a content-driven organization or large brand. Celebrity experience a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to capture and effectively convey brand voice.
- Experience producing content using native tools on Instagram and TikTok, and familiarity with social media publishing platforms such as Dash Hudson/Curalate, Meta Creator Studio, and True Anthem.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines and multitask at a fast pace.
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Keen visual skills and ability to maintain brand aesthetics.
- Energetic, well organized, and proactive team player.
- Strong analytics experience using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other analytics tools; Basic Photoshop and CMS skills.
- It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation (“Dotdash Meredith”, “the Company”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing [email protected].
- The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
- The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: Employees
Salary: $75000 - $90000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides to employees (and their eligible family members) a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, unlimited paid time off (PTO), adoption or surrogate assistance, donation matching, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accident insurance, commuter benefits, short term and long term disability, health savings and flexible spending accounts, family care benefits, a generous 401K savings plan with a company match program, 10-12 paid holidays annually, and generous paid parental leave (birthing and non-birthing parents), all of which may vary depending on the specific nature of your employment with Dotdash Meredith and your work location. We also offer voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, accident, critical and hospital indemnity health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance.