Job Title: Sr. Manager- Social Media Global Communications
Company: The Kraft Heinz Company
Location: Chicago, IL
All posting locations Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Job Function 08 - PR/Communications & Regulatory
Date Published 24-Aug-2022
Ref # R-59932
Description & Requirements
The Senior Manager- Social Media- Global Corporate Communications is a valued partner and strategist to the business leaders within Kraft Heinz. They is responsible for leading all aspects of the company corporate social media strategy and platforms- working closely with the Employer Brand team- the broader Global Corporate Communications team and other collaborators to evolve the Kraft Heinz corporate brand story.
Reporting to the Vice President- Global Corporate Communications and Reputation Management- the individual in this position will be a key member of the company’s Global Corporate Communications team. The person will analyze the current corporate social channels and help optimize what exists and build out new capabilities to help the company tell more stories- across more parts of the company- with more exciting assets. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a go-getter attitude- willing to roll up their sleeves to help grow the future of Kraft Heinz.
- Work with global corporate comms leaders to develop social media engagement strategy and plans for executive leadership- CEO etc. Innovate process- execution.
- Lead the corporate social media presence and deploy a corporate brand narrative across channels.
- Collaborate to build brand tone of voice and ensure use across social content.
- Maintain an always-on- audience-first content calendar that connects to relevant corporate news- including storytelling- ESG and DI&B initiatives- executive visibility plans- media relations- financial communications- and crisis management.
- Partner with employer brand team to define and activate an integrated (organic and paid) content strategy across relevant social channels
- Liaise between agencies- vendors- and freelancers to develop brand assets and facilitate launch project initiatives.
- Consistently and proactively engage with consumers across channels to build brand loyalty.
- Identify new ways of building social content and creating storytelling assets.
- Build new ways to measure the impact of the corporate social channels and build a new reporting system to show the value of the content.
- Assist in monitoring social media chatter for discussions that are troublesome for Kraft Heinz and share negative chatter with applicable internal partners for awareness of the issues.
- Spearhead a communications effort that will instill a sense of urgency- cohesiveness and collaboration in Kraft Heinz’s workforce and inspire confidence and credibility among external partners.
- This person will help establish relationships with internal and external partners to help drive best-in-class communications for Kraft Heinz.
- Ensure that all communications reflect the Company’s core values and advance Kraft Heinz’s business strategy.
- marketing- social media management- communications and/or public relations experience at a global consumer organization or communications agency.
- Social media strategy and platform management
- Daring- strong project manager- collaborator- teammate and individual contributor.
- High degree of personal and professional savvy and experience to inspire confidence among audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead projects and keep many elements moving at the same time.
- Strong writer- editor and ability to guide and influence others through prose.
- Ability to seamlessly lead projects across a dynamic and cross-functional international scale.
- Strong attention to detail- with ability to prioritize tasks and react to change with ease and agility.
Mindset & Behaviors
- Passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas – loves and adopts change.
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration- transparency- safety- and trust.
- Not afraid to “roll up sleeves”; seeks to go beyond comfort to learn & pushes teams to do the same.
- Empowers others to fail- learn and grow with an experimental attitude to drive innovation.
- High level of passion for communications- quality work and team building.
- Strong insightful orientation and high level of personal commitment/caring. Unquestionable integrity.
- Strong eye for business.
- Food & beverage/CPG experience a plus.
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Vaccination & Future of Work Expectations
Our highest priority is always the health and safety of our Kraft Heinz family. We require our office-based, home-based, R&D, and sales team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless approved for a medical or religious accommodation. This will enable our transition to hybrid work while maximizing the wellbeing of our entire team.
We believe the office is a critical driver of innovation, connection and development, but also realize providing more flexibility to our employees is critical in this new world. Starting in January 2022, the majority of our salaried employees will be able to work virtually for up to two days each week to create a more agile and modern workplace. Some jobs may be required to be performed fully in person depending a role’s responsibilities and requirements.