Job Title: Sr. Manager of Player Social Media Marketing
Company: National Football League (NFL)
Location: New York, NY
The NFL is currently seeking a Sr. Manager of Player Social Media Marketing. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all player social media strategy efforts, including identifying and distributing content to NFL players, maintaining an up-to-date database of publishers, and communicating amplification requests and relevant information to the Social Media Content Team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of and passion for storytelling, the National Football League, and social media. This individual will play a key role in managing internal and external stakeholders and will be tasked with identifying innovative ways to tell player-driven stories, engage key audiences and drive business objectives. The day-to-day responsibilities of this position will require best-in-class creative and analytical skills along with the ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced, non-stop environment.
- Act as marketing lead in support of key, player-driven initiatives (e.g. My Cause My Cleats, National Tight Ends Day, etc.)
- Formulate dynamic content strategies that support both League and Player engagement objectives
- Identify social trends and opportunities that we may be able to leverage with our Players (including uses of technology that drive scalability of the Player Social Media Initiative)
- Collaborate with agents, managers and player representatives to maximize existing relationships, and formulate dynamic content strategies
- Identify opportunities to drive helmet-off storytelling around key tentpole events, moments, and serialized, original content
- Communicate department priorities, project updates, and marketing trends with internal cross-functional teams and external partners
- Develop processes and manage marketing requests from internal and external partners
- Manage a team of content marketers and social distribution coordinators
Salary / Pay Range
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of salaries or hourly rates that the NFL believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job. The NFL expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would the NFL consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.
- 6-8 years of experience in a business environment with a background in content creation and marketing with 3+ years of management experience
- Strong understanding of key social media platforms, content creation and storytelling, AR/VR landscapes as well as emerging technology trends
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and thrive in the “always-on”, 24/7 NFL news cycle
- Knowledge of the NFL, all 32 teams, and players across the league
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects and partners
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Thrive in a team setting where it is required to work and interact with several different departments daily
- Optimal to have pre-existing relationships with key NFL players and / or representatives
- Building presentations and materials for internal and external distribution
- Experience working with social and digital content and analytics
Less than 25%
Terms / Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work nights, weekends, early mornings, and holidays
The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.