Job Title: Sr Manager of Global Social Media, Content Strategy & Influencer
Company: Fossil Group, Inc.
Location: Richardson, TX
At Fossil Group, we dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver in a better way. We are committed to creating great
watches, jewelry, and leather goods by investing in technology and long-term value creation. We do this by living out our core values - Authenticity, Grit, Curiosity, Humor and Impact - each and every day, continually powered by purpose and our people. Come be a part of Fossil, where we thrive on diversity, innovation, uniqueness, and inclusion!
Make an Impact
Fossil Group is looking for a Senior Manager to lead our global social media, content strategy and influencer marketing, across all of our owned brands. This role is part of a new team at Fossil Group focused on elevating and growing our brand awareness across all of our core markets working in partnership with regional leadership. This role reports into the VP of PR, Social Media and Influencer management.
We’re looking for an experienced social media leader who can connect the dots across the three earned media disciplines to support our brand vision and increase earned media value.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with content creation, influencer partnerships and social media platform growth strategies at scale. This individual should love innovation, have a basic understanding of social commerce and be able to connect their strategic thinking back to the bigger ambition a brand has from a commercial and brand performance perspective.
- Partner with the Social Agency of Record to define immediate and long term social playbooks across all Fossil owned brands, guiding a team on platform growth strategy per brand.
- Management of the social media, influencer and content team consisting of 4 direct reports.
- Ownership of the full Influencer mix - from Nano to Macro, develop a strategy per brand that maximizes the influencer performance and adapts as trends in the creator ecosystem shift. This includes oversight of any influencer marketing platforms and agencies.
- Provide thought leadership in the development of brand storytelling across all social media platforms advising on narrative trends that complement brand strategies and high performing formats.
- Ownership of the social media KPI scorecard focused on brand and commercial contribution working in partnership with the Insights team and leveraging reporting tools.
- Develop a holistic social media and influencer strategy that delivers on the earned media targets per brand - EVM, organic traffic and brand awareness + perception shifts.
- Lead the development of all social media campaigns for organic social media accounts and partner with the paid media team to leverage high performing organic content.
- Work with merchants & global marketing team to develop a product awareness roadmap that connects to product launch dates and collection objectives.
- Define high level creative briefs connecting back to the business strategy for each brand across influencer partnerships, high priority product moments and brand stories.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams, local teams, and customer care partners to regularly optimize and refine social strategy and content.
- Share global social assets and communication guidelines with regional teams.
- Assist in local social media shoots, as needed.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with each social platform and tools representatives to ensure that the Fossil brand is offered all first-to-market opportunities.
- Participate in regional and brand marketing meetings/ check-ins, as needed
- Develop and maintain global social media calendar across all platforms
- Manage the process of ensuring all creative assets are organized and received from the respective team with appropriate updates and follow up communication back to partners
- Ensure alignment with global and regional media teams so that organic messaging and paid media are expressing a consistent unified story
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or other related fields is highly desired.
- 7+ years of professional experience in paid media, social media and influencer management.
- Experienced team manager with a team growth mindset.
- Working knowledge of content production and digital formats.
- Experience managing paid media and creative agencies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and mobile + social-first thinking.
- Ability to prioritize projects and collaborate with other team members is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and social-first thinking is a must.
- Knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Emplify, Media Insights platforms and social media analytics best practice.
- Experience running social media for a global retail fashion brand
- Ability to adapt, take calculated risks, accept ambiguity, test, iterate, and pivot on ideas
- Ability to collect relevant data and draw conclusions for holistic decision-making
- Knowing one’s exact goals and targets, and how to achieve them, aided by the guidance of leaders
- Willingness to embrace the possibilities of the digital age by integrating multiple perspectives
- Enable people at all organizational levels to make executive decisions
- Ability to balance customer/employee data collection and maintain data privacy and securit
- Comprehensive benefits packages inclusive of health and well-being services
- 401(k) match and education on retirement planning
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees, and a Return Back to Work program for new parents and caregivers to phase back into work on a reduced schedule
- Generous Paid Time Off including Floating Holidays, Volunteer Time, and Summer Flex Fridays
- Hybrid working schedules
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Fossil merchandise discounts
- Career Development Programs
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture and strongly encourage candidates of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need accommodations at any point during the interview process please let us know at [email protected].