Job Title: Sr. Manager, Global Social Marketing
Company: Fenty Skin
Location: San Francisco, CA
As Senior Manager, Global Social Marketing for Fenty Skin, you will lead the social team focused on building and driving global and localized owned and paid strategies for social marketing to deliver creativity, community building, disruption, and business impact.
This role will bring Fenty Skin’s DNA to life across all social marketing touchpoints, from concept to execution, for our target audience(s). You will lead the creative & strategic vision for the social team based on a passion for beauty, forward-thinking cultural trends, a high bar for aesthetics & quality, a consumer-first mindset, social & platform insights, data, and the evolving consumer and social landscape to stay at the forefront of the digital world. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, requiring work with multiple brand stakeholders and regional partners, including Influencer relations, Brand Management, eCommerce, Product Development, Education, Creative, International, and Brand Marketing.
This role is “part art and part science” – requiring strong analytical prowess, expertise, or passion for learning the beauty space with an emphasis on skincare. You have strong creative writing and verbal communication skills and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment with an agile, can-do attitude. You enjoy conquering new frontiers. You are an empathetic team leader who can expertly drive a high-performing team to new heights. “Efficiency while not compromising effectiveness” is your motto. You have exceptional organizational, leadership (both with and without direct authority), and time management skills and can juggle multiple ongoing priorities simultaneously and quickly pivot as things change in real-time.
- Lead the development & execution of best-in-class organic social strategy across all platforms. This includes platform strategy, content strategy, community management, campaign planning, and social calendars to support overarching brand strategies.
- Develop, lead, and execute content creation and curation process.
- Ensure regional social strategies are aligned with design & strategy and executed according to global direction. Identify regional best practices to share globally.
- Create, deliver, and continuously evolve the ‘global brand social playbook.’
- Provide strategic guidance to brand marketing on campaign development, building holistic paid & organic strategies and content plans in partnership with the Director of Global Brand Marketing.
- Partner with the e-commerce and retail marketing teams to support direct sales-driving initiatives.
- Be the champion of the consumer through ongoing social insights mining and listening.
- Manage annual organic social budget, forecasting, planning, and tracking to optimize spend based on business objectives, negotiate budgets with teams where necessary,
- Be a strategic thought partner cross-functionally with Creative, Brand Management, eComm, and international teams to drive strategy, solicit input, and derive insights to strengthen ideas. Share best practices, general guidance, and the implications of platform updates with broader groups. Be passionate, curious, and synthesize learnings into best practices to maximize exposure across owned and social/shared platforms
- Inspire content recommendations & strategies for vehicles outside of social.
- Partner with the Global Creative team to ensure brand campaigns are socially inspired and organic content is connected to the brand’s multi-channel DNA.
- Strategize social driven ways to reach new audiences beyond our owned channels
- Oversee and lead reporting - data tracking, insights, analytics platforms, and competitive landscapes to refine and improve strategies continuously. Develop a data-driven model to share trends & insights with regional teams to support local initiatives and build social strategies.
- Coach, mentor, and inspire a high-performing team, providing creative inspiration & vision, insights, and context to help shape the business and develop your team. Be willing to jump in and support your team as needed.
- Maintain a pulse on pop culture, digital/social/tech innovation, emerging influencers, and content creators to disrupt continuously, constantly source new partners, align on concepts, and negotiate budget and timeline directly.
- 7-9 years in Social Marketing
- Exceptional Leadership Skills (proven experience coaching, inspiring, and leading a high-performing team)
- Passion for the beauty industry and social
- Proven track record/portfolio of ideating and delivering social campaigns that drive impactful results
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest…and what’s next
- Passion for quickly sourcing and embracing the latest in digital and social technology to keep up with the fast-paced, evolving digital world
- Strong creative eye for disruptive content that translates to beauty
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams and thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Must have a curious mindset with a passion for continuously testing, learning, and pushing the boundaries to drive innovation and disruption
- Ability to lead and influencer without direct authority plus effectively navigate ambiguity
- Must be a collaborative, agile, accountable, kind, and welcome change
- Familiarity with social media management tools: analytics and scheduling platforms (e.g. Simply Measured, Later, Dash Hudson, Curalate, Social Flow, Tweetdeck, Hoot Suite, etc).
- Experience with community management and social engagement
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice