Job Title: Specialist Social Media Marketing
Company: Universal Studios Hollywood
Location: Universal City CA
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Universal Studios Hollywood Social Media Specialist will support and execute the overarching Universal Parks & Resorts Social Content Strategy across multiple social media platforms by publishing content, interacting with social communities, and developing content solutions in real-time. This role requires a proven, creative and passionate social media marketer who can simultaneously manage several social media channels.
The specialist will closely work with other members of the Digital Marketing team as well as other functional areas (e.g., PR, Guest Relations) to help create a community management program that promotes Universal Studios Hollywood and Halloween Horror Nights.
- Hands-on ownership of the company’s presence on social media. Act as a public voice for: owned social media channels, online review sites, and other external sites.
- Assist with social content planning, programming, publishing, tagging, and editorial calendar.
- Support and develop new ways to foster community through real-time engagement.
- Monitor emerging sites and communication channels; recommend new initiatives based on these observations and points of knowledge. Create new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories and build our audience.
- Provide ongoing reporting to track fan sentiment and the impact of day-to-day outbound content and community management. Track channel growth of social media brand pages and other pages as needed.
- Responsible for creating and implementing industry leading social publishing best practices with engagement benchmarks for all social channels.
- Build relationships with internal theme park stakeholders and intellectual Property Partners to coordinate cross-promotion opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required, majors in Marketing or Business Administration, English, or Communications preferred.
- 3+ years of experience within marketing/social media
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and Google Workspace
- Should be familiar with basic photo / video editing, altering, creating, and sharing
- Basic experience with shooting and editing video is preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
- Experience with all native social channels and experience with a range of 3rd-party social tools: Omniture, Sprinklr, etc.
- Available to attend on-site events and various on property content shoots that may include early mornings, late evenings or weekends
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
- This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $65,000 – $75,000
- The ideal candidate for this position would have an understanding of guest services, marketing strategy, social media, creative insight, and analytics.
- An individual that embodies a creative, social-first spirit of the team, who can write and edit for themselves in a creative and irreverent manner – following our UPR Social Brand Voice.
- Knowledgeable and passionate for social media, online communities and digital content.
- Theme park enthusiast with knowledge of and passion for all things entertainment.
- Sound business and creative judgment and excellent ‘soft skills’ (for partnering with internal stakeholders and maintaining direct communications with guests) are required.
- Outstanding written communications skills and detail oriented.
- High level of interest in technology and comfort level in working with technology-based tools and applications.
- Innovative mindset: someone who looks for new opportunities, generates new ideas, and is able to “find” or develop stories.
- Proven experience managing successful high-profile projects that involve multiple business functions, milestone tracking, and collaborations.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-Tasking: self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.