Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Company: St. Louis Cardinals
Location: St Louis, MO
Summary Of Responsibilities
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for researching, developing and implementing content strategies which engage the club’s fan base and communicate important organizational initiatives. Through the accurate, timely, and effective composing and posting of messages and content to the club’s social media platforms, this person handles the writing, scheduling and distribution of digital assets for use on social media with a focus on fan engagement and awareness of key business initiatives as a core social media and brand strategy. The Social Media Strategist works collaboratively with the Marketing and Production teams to develop, implement and assess impactful, innovative social media content which aims to safeguard and activate the team’s legacy while cultivating engaged audiences across multiple platforms.
Essential Functions Of The Job
- Provides team and in-game coverage of live events for Spring Training, Regular Season and Postseason games.
- Collaborates with corporate sales team and MLB for corporate partner sponsored social content.
- Assists internal management teams with in-house social media training and best practices for auxiliary account users and brand ambassadors.
- Posts on behalf of the club when news breaks, even if it occurs outside of traditional work hours.
Education And Experience Required For The Position
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing related field of study
- 2-3 years of experience writing and publishing content for social media
- Experience working with social media dashboards and scheduling software
- 2-3 years of experience as a digital content coordinator or producer for a brand, sports team, news outlet, company, or nonprofit
- Adobe Photoshop skills
Education And Experience Preferred For The Position
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing-related field of study
- 3-4 years of experience as a digital content coordinator or producer for a professional sports team, news outlet, agency, nonprofit, or brand
- Multimedia and mobile news and/or digital content production skills
- Video editing and graphics animation software
- Background in blogging and content writing