Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Location: Long Beach, CA
SCAN Group is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to tackling the most pressing issues facing older adults in the United States. SCAN Group is the sole corporate member of SCAN Health Plan, one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 270,000 members in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas. SCAN has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for more than 40 years and is known throughout the healthcare industry and nationally as a leading expert in senior healthcare. SCAN employees are a group of talented, passionate professionals who are committed to supporting older adults on their aging journey, while also innovating healthcare for seniors everywhere. Employees are provided in-depth training and access to state-of-the-art tools necessary to do their jobs, as well as development and growth opportunities. SCAN takes great pride in recognizing our team members as experts in their fields and rewarding them for their efforts. If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that is innovating senior healthcare visit www.thescangroup.org, www.scanhealthplan.com, or follow us on LinkedIn; Facebook; and Twitter.
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms to build an audience and ensure customer engagement. By using platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, and LinkedIn the Social Media Strategist creates content that resonates with the interests of the intended audience.
- In partnership with External comms manager, develop and implement a corporate social media strategy.
- Monitor online activity across departments and geographical areas to ensure anyone using the company’s online tools is following established guidelines and best-practice rules.
- Encourage greater social media participation among internal stakeholders.
- Work with various departments across organization to develop social media campaigns.
- Interact with various stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts.
- Analyze company’s social media strategy and identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- Create and manage social media content calendar that aligns with larger external communications strategy.
- Research social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s external communications strategy.
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of followers, engagement, etc. and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs, analytics reporting.
- In partnership with vendor, monitor review platforms such as Yelp, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in digital media, journalism, marketing, communications or related discipline
- 3+ years of social media and marketing experience with a publisher or brand
- Healthcare experience a plus
- A deep understanding of social media landscape/trends and measurements
- Fluency with social listening and publishing platforms like MuckRack and Hootsuite
- Effective professional and interpersonal skills
- Quick decision-making skills, able to multi-task
- The ability to work well under pressure + deadline driven.
- Proactive, collaborative team player, ability to self-manage.
- Strong language and written communication skills
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
To ensure a healthy and safe work environment, if you are selected for this position, your job offer with SCAN Health will be contingent upon being fully vaccinated and providing proof of your COVID-19 vaccine within 3 days after your start date. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the United States, the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely-held religious belief, you may request an accommodation to this requirement by contacting COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - Vaccines for COVID-19 | CDC
What’s in it for you?
- Base Pay Range: $80,300.00 to $128,500.00 annually
- Work Mode: Mostly Remote
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating holiday
- Excellent 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with employer match
- Robust employee recognition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference to our members and our community every day!
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.