Job Title: Social Media Strategist (REMOTE)
Company: DICK’S Sporting Goods
Location: Coraopolis, PA
The Social Media Strategist creates the strategic direction of the social channel within company campaigns by overseeing the execution of the strategy by the Social Media Specialist. This position is responsible for ensuring delivery of KPI targets and reporting to broader organization of successfulness of social campaigns, developing and implementing new strategies to drive conversation with our athletes and developing methodologies and strategies for ongoing social content development. This role is also responsible for responding quickly to company initiatives to make on-the-fly adjustments and acting as the last check for copy and imagery.
Paid And Organic Social Campaign Strategy
- Work with internal stakeholders to fully understand the media brief
- Design the social strategy to reach set KPIs for company campaigns
- Ensure both paid and organic social channels are aligned with campaign goals
- Analyze competitive research, social trends, and data analysis to understand how to make improvements to future campaigns and optimize while in-campaign
Reporting & Communication
- Provide reporting to internal and external stakeholders on social campaign effectiveness
- Identify benchmarks and share key insights with cross-functional teams and be able to translate metrics into executive level dashboards.
- Be able to work with the analytics team to define tests and report on the results to get buy-in for future testing.
- Advocate awareness of social channel contribution to campaigns
Strategy/Innovation (in Collaboration With Social Manager To)
- Assist in the development of social media strategies and tactics, including; brand building initiatives, channel budget, best practices to accelerate performance and identify new opportunities
- Work closely with external influencer agencies to set brand expectations, obtain content, and report results
- Develop and utilize cross functional business relationships to collaborate on ways to improve the business results of social media
- Stay informed of latest trends and translate those trends in ways that apply to customer needs.
Managing the time of the specialist roles and developing their skill sets.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of social marketing experience with a focus in content development social media communications, corporate blogging or other related field
- Experience with high volume, social channels with meaningful annual revenue
- Familiarity with social media monitoring and analytic platforms
- Experience with ads manager for various social media platforms (Twitter, Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest and Snapchat)
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of information into clear concise presentations and plans
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and increase professional knowledge of the latest trends, practices, programs, and applications evolving in social media/networking
- Some nights and weekend hours may be required
- Some travel may be required