Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Company: Gupta Media
Location: Greater Boston
Gupta Media is looking for an experienced and passionate storyteller to help our clients amplify their brands. As a Social Media Strategist, they will be responsible for our clients’ organic social media marketing efforts, their effective execution, and measurement of success.
As an expanding discipline within the Gupta Media organization, our ideal person is equally at home researching and pitching organic campaign strategy as they are at executing fresh ideas in collaboration with our Media and Creative teams. With a passion for this ever-evolving social media landscape within the B2C and B2B space, they are driven and ambitious, able to drive new ideas forward with ease and exhibit creative and analytical thinking.
About the Agency:
Gupta Media was founded 20 years ago on the idea that advertising could create huge leverage in our client’s business. Our early work focused on the entertainment industry, specifically live events (Boston Calling, among others) and recorded music (Sony Music, Universal Music & Disney are all clients). More recently, we have dramatically grown our work with big brands (Amazon, Fender) and cult/challenger brands (Island Creek Oysters, Walden Local). We have a global client base with a growing local roster. We pride ourselves on being innovative, competitive and disruptive in the digital space. We’ve built tools and developed strategies to make digital marketing better.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the growth and evolution of Gupta Media’s organic social discipline including development of best practices and technology stack, including helping to define and document the organic social process for pitching, planning, onboarding, executing, reporting, and renewing business;
- Own strategy and development of a client’s social media and influencer marketing strategies;
- Coordinate content creation and curation for clients’ social media, including editorial calendar development and guiding the creation of content for social platforms;
- Strategize across Media, Strategy and Creative teams internally to ensure programs to grow and engage audiences and followers;
- Create and execute project campaign timelines and schedules, adapting as appropriate to meet campaigns and client goals;
- Stay current with and assess industry and social media trends, tools, platforms, innovations, and best practices.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an agency or marketing role with a dedicated organic social media focus;
- Strong portfolio of successful campaigns, demonstrating creative storytelling ability across multiple social platforms that build awareness, engage new and existing customers, and increase conversions;
- Excellent communication and creative thinking skills with the ability to use data to inform strategic decisions;
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Driven to learn new things and constantly improve on current methods;
- Proactive and independent with the ability to work in a variety of media, meet tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust as circumstances change.
We are a passionate group who feed off each other’s intensity. We have boundless curiosity and feel unsatisfied when we don’t know how something works. If you are driven by a desire to learn more and you’re not afraid of breaking things to try and make them better, you will fit right in.
At Gupta Media, we work hard every day to be better at all that we do — and that includes fostering a diverse and inclusive community that encourages and respects a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and ideas. Join us and help us find the next great idea.
Gupta Media is an office-first (with flexibility) organization and we are excited to have our team working together again.