Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Company: GIA (Gemological Institute of America) · Carlsbad, CA
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Social Media Strategist– We offer a competitive benefits package!
The Company: GIA is the world’s foremost authority in gemology. GIA is a global organization with headquarters located in Carlsbad, CA. GIA in Carlsbad boasts a 17-acre ocean view campus that accommodates approximately 800 of its 3,000 total employees worldwide. It offers many competitive health and commuter benefits that promote the well-being of its employees as well as that of the environment.
This position is located in Carlsbad, California at our corporate headquarters. We offer a flexible work-from-home schedule, with a few days in the office per month.
What To Expect
Work Hours: Monday through Friday regular business hours
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and matching 401-K plans
Paid vacation, sick and holidays, tuition assistance
We are looking for a qualified Social Media Strategist to join our team. You will develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase our brand awareness, brand preference, and web traffic.
As the center of excellence for GIA’s social media, requires a creative thinker, able to present our brand through multiple social media channels, and you ensure our social strategy and content are aligned with marketing strategies. Of critical strategic importance, this position will be directly involved with measurably building GIA’s brand equity with the consumer.
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy to establish an intentional approach to each platform and achieve marketing targets.
- Define key social media KPIs and report overall social performance to leadership.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Market Development to create B2B, B2C, and B2B2C social strategies and content to support key initiatives and product launches.
- Create and oversee social media content to ensure all messaging and content are on strategy, on brand, relevant and meaningful for each audience, and high quality.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies to develop actionable recommendations, and actively educate the marketing team and stakeholders to best understand the social media landscape and how it supports our business.
- Monitor SEO, consumer and industry trends, and user engagement to provide effective solutions for content optimization.
- Develop GIA’s social media network by engaging with industry influencers and other key industry figures.
- Develop our influencer marketing strategy.
- Lead, mentor, and develop direct reports to successfully reach business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Extensive experience managing social strategies for companies with B2B, B2C, DTC, and B2B2C audiences.
- Experience in audience research and persona development.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Curious, adaptable, creative, and an innovative thinker.
- Exceptional initiative and attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal, and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of colleagues, vendors, and clients.
- Ability and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment where creative solutions are the norm.
- Strong people skills, diplomacy, and a collaborative spirit.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Leadership & Accountability: Demonstrate personal initiative, focus, and drive for continuous improvement; hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and model GIA values.
- Technical/Functional Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and technology, practical knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics. Keep up with current technology and trends.
- Drive for Results: Set high goals and use measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals. Consistently meet or exceed goals; maintain focus on continuous improvement.
- Decision and problem-solving skills: Incorporate a holistic approach to making good, timely, ethical decisions that keep the organization moving forward; ability to identify root causes of problems and provide sound resolutions.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to interpret and analyze data comprehensively and make excellent conclusions; think strategically while considering the impact of actions/decisions.
- Communication Skills: Develop and deliver multi-mode communication that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; use clear and effective verbal and written communications delivered with confidence and the style of the receiver in mind.
- Ability to handle conflict situations effectively to minimize impact and maximize outcomes; ability to express opposing views in a non-confrontational manner.
- Time management: Approach work in an organized and systematic manner; plan work and time effectively to manage conflicting or shifting priorities and achieve goals aligned with department and organization. Ensure the social team is working cohesively against the same priorities
Education And Experience
**Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related Communications field
- 7-10+ years of experience in social media marketing with at least 5 years of experience in social media strategy development
- 2+ years of experience leading/managing staff
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
Extensive use of office equipment including computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business-related machines and software.
Pay Range: $115-150K.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees.