Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Company: DICK’S Sporting Goods
Location: Coraopolis, PA
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, we believe in how positively sports can change lives. On our team, everyone plays a critical role in creating confidence and excitement by personally equipping all athletes to achieve their dreams. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve.
If you are ready to make a difference as part of the world’s greatest sports team, apply to join our team today!
The Social Media Strategist creates the strategic direction of the social channel within company campaigns by overseeing the execution of the strategy by the Social Media Specialist and Coordinator roles. This position is responsible for ensuring delivery of KPI targets and reporting to broader organization of successfulness of social campaigns, developing and implementing new strategies to drive conversation with our athletes and developing methodologies and strategies for ongoing social content development. This role is also responsible for responding quickly to company initiatives to make on-the-fly adjustments and acting as the last check for copy and imagery.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
Paid and Organic Social Campaign Strategy:
- Work with internal stakeholders to fully understand the media brief
- Design the social strategy to reach set KPIs for company campaigns
- Ensure both paid and organic social channels are aligned with campaign goals
- Analyze competitive research, social trends, and data analysis to understand how to make improvements to future campaigns and optimize while in-campaign
Reporting & Communication:
- Provide reporting to internal and external stakeholders on social campaign effectiveness
- Develop social strategy to reach campaign goals for the social channel –
- Advocate awareness of social channel contribution to campaigns
Strategy/Innovation (in collaboration with Social Manager to):
- Assist in the development of social media strategies and tactics, including; brand building initiatives, influencer programs, channel budget, best practices to accelerate performance and identify new opportunities
- Curate and distribute influencer content to social media team members for use on owned properties
- Work closely with external influencer agencies to set brand expectations, obtain content, and report results
- Develop and utilize cross functional business relationships to collaborate on ways to improve the business results of social media
- Stay informed of latest trends and translate those trends in ways that apply to customer needs.
- Managing the time of the coordinator and specialist roles and developing their skill sets.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of social marketing experience with a focus in content development social media communications, corporate blogging or other related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with social media monitoring and analytic platforms
- Experience with the basic usage of most social media platforms including analytics, and community management
- Experience with high volume, social channels with meaningful annual revenue
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and increase professional knowledge of the latest trends, practices, programs, and applications evolving in social media/networking
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of information into clear concise presentations and plans
- Some nights and weekend hours may be required