Job Title: Social Media Strategist - Campaigns
Company: Taco Bell
Location: Irvine, CA
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell was born and raised in California and has been around since 1962. We went from selling everyone’s favorite Crunchy Tacos on the West Coast to a global brand with 8,200+ restaurants, 350 franchise organizations, that serve 42+ million fans each week around the globe. We’re not only the largest Mexican-inspired quick service brand (QSR) in the world, we’re also part of the biggest restaurant group in the world: Yum! Brands.
Much of our fan love and authentic connection with our communities are rooted in being rebels with a cause. From ensuring we use high quality, sustainable ingredients to elevating restaurant technology in ways that hasn’t been done before… we will continue to be inclusive, bold, challenge the status quo and push industry boundaries.
We’re a company that celebrates and advocates for different, has bold self-expression, strives for a better future, and brings the fun while we’re at it. We fuel our culture with real people who bring unique experiences. We inspire and enable our teams and the world to Live Más.
At Taco Bell, we’re Cultural Rebels. Want to join in on the passion-fueled fun? Learn more about the career below.
About The Job
The Taco Bell social team is an industry-leading group that develops and builds a breakthrough brand presence, innovative programs, and leading community engagement for Taco Bell across social channels and platforms. As the Strategist for the Social Media team, you’ll be responsible for spearheading the Tuesdays & taco culture social content strategy to grow cultural relevance and brand love. This includes leading the creative strategy, development and execution of all related social communications (owned/earned/paid) designed to build awareness for these initiatives. This includes executing research that drives creative and social media strategy, as well as analytics and actionable insights that directly inform our social work. This position entails collaborating closely with cross functional partners, external agencies and high-level executives. This role also requires exemplary campaign management. Reporting directly to the evergreen social strategy lead, this role will focus primarily on the following:
- Expand the overall profile of Social Strategy for Taco Bell to elevate and regain cultural relevance across Tuesdays and taco culture
- Lead and cross-functionally manage social campaigns that support our brand voice initiatives from brief to execution and partner with Brand Experience and PR team to build big, integrated ideas that generate buzzy cultural moments
- Provide comprehensive progress reports and in-depth strategic insights to leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate closely with the brand experience partner to ensure brand objectives, messaging, and key performance indicators are being met and work closely with Evergreen social strategy lead to ensure alignment with big business objectives and social strategy.
- Conduct, analyze, and brief in research (e.g., cultural, competitive, from agencies/partners) as helpful to identifying breakthrough insights and implications for new social content formats or channel-specific content tactics that Taco Bell can be early movers on and/or use to break through
- Identify the appropriate paid/owned/earned tactics and channels for each initiative and integrate them with the broader omnichannel ecosystem
Is This You?
- 5+ years experience working in social media
- Engaged daily in the ever-evolving landscape of internet culture and trends with a passion and profound comprehension of the social media ecosystem
- Fluent in providing clear and productive creative direction as well as experience writing and receiving briefs.
- Leverage a deep understanding of internet culture to ensure all content seamlessly integrates with the platform and effectively connects with our target audience.
- Proven to enhance social creative ideation, maximize integrated strategies, and create breakthrough opportunities
- Ability to inspire Creative teams
- Comfort and confidence with emerging forms of content, channels, and technology
- Strong collaboration skills
- Exceptional communication skills — on the page and in presentation
- Outstanding organizational skills – with meticulous attention to detail
- Committed to a hands-on approach, ensuring that even the smallest tasks are executed with precision
- Hybrid work schedule and year-round flex day Friday
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash,
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical & dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Discounts, free food, swag and… honestly, too many good benefits to name
Salary Range: $103,500-$115,000 annually + bonus eligibility + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we’ll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
At Taco Bell, we Live Más and invite you to do the same. Take a seat at our table. Bring your voice. Bring you, just as you are, a Cultural Rebel. We want you to be your best self!
Taco Bell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
Taco Bell is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities or special needs.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Employment eligibility to work with Taco Bell in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
California Residents: For more information about the categories of personal information we collect from you and how we use, sell, and share that information, please see our Privacy Notice for California Contractors and Privacy Notice for California Employees.