Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Location: New York, United States (Hybrid)
Brainlabs is a wildly successful business because we have a remarkable bunch of Brainlabbers.
We’re not cloned in a laboratory – as the name might suggest. In fact we’re a diverse group of over 800 people located across the world. The vital DNA we all have in common is a commitment to doing our best work in an environment designed to help us to do just that.
We are committed to our culture (codified in this document) and are looking for people to join Brainlabs who believe in it too. In return, we pledge to make Brainlabs a place for you to:
- Do the best work of your career
- Work with positive people in a collaborative culture
- Be part of building the global agency of the future
About The Role
Sounds good right? Ok, let’s move onto some more info about the role. First, the basics:
Team: Client Delivery
Reporting to: Associate Director, Paid Social
Estimated Start: November 2023
Location: [Hybrid] Grand Central Tower, 2, 140 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017
Work Authorization: This role is open to US or Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US or Canadian employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s The Role
We’re looking for a Social Media Strategist to serve as a social media expert and community manager. They will lead organic social media activities for the assigned client account(s), foster industry partnerships, and project manage within their client Hive to ensure best-in-class social media publishing & community engagement.
So, Tell Me About The Company
Brainlabs is culture-first. You’ve probably heard other companies describe themselves as people, clients, or profit first – but we see people, clients and profit as the building blocks of our ecosystem. Culture powers all three and we know that when the ecosystem is balanced, we all win! That’s why the culture we cultivate is a culture of winning together.
To learn more about what it’s like to be a Brainlabber, check out our culture code.
What You Do
- Organic Social lead within Hive, responsible for status calls, editorial calendar meetings, reporting results, business reviews, and managing client communication
- Recognize and proactively manage performance or relationship issues, including by not limited to client contact changes, missed goals, and flat or negative growth
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and present cutting edge, integrated, omnichannel social media strategy and content plans
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, planning, & paid social media team members to deliver best-in-class editorial schedules & copy recommendations
- Lead deck creation for business reviews, cohesively tying in a performance, strategic approach and story
Collaborate and/or lead organic social media strategic approach and growth of audience & audience engagement
- Responsible for project management and delegation of all Organic Social activity within Hive, ensuring we fulfill client contracts, promised strategy and SLA’s
Leadership and Management
Collaborate with a team of creative, social and paid media teammates to ensure high quality and timely delivery for clients
- Ensure community communications & social media comments to client accounts are addressed in accordance with SLAs
- Make data-driven engagement recommendations that beat client goals and expectations and foster our “test and learn” methodology
Technology and Experimentation
- Proactively recommend enhancements and additions to Brainlabs’ proprietary tech offerings
- Ensure optimal utilization of client publishing & social management tool: Sprinklr
Who You Are
- Experience using Sprinklr
- Minimum of 2-years hands-on experience managing social media editorial calendars while conducting community and/or crisis management
- Minimum Of 2-years Client-facing Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency, comfort and expertise within Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, & YouTube
- Experience in writing, editing, publishing, and performance analysis of Social Media copy
- Experience using Canva, or a general understanding of Social Media image specs and best practices
- Experience working both collaboratively and independently
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to provide actionable insights for all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated interpersonal and intrapersonal skills with a passion for collaboration and “one team” spirit
- High degree of accuracy, vigilance and attention to detail
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Be curious and inquisitive – know how the platforms work and more importantly, know how to game them
- Proven skills with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets & Slides) or Microsoft equivalence
What Happens Next
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
In line with our adaptive working policy and our standard way of working in North America we do not restrict our hiring to a fixed office location therefore we hire candidates across different states in the US and indeed in other countries such as Canada. We also receive applications from, and hire, candidates with varying levels of experience for example those who have a few years experience in a role to those who are looking to make a step up. The salary levels on our job postings are set so as to account for these variable factors with decisions on the salary to be offered only made once we know the experience and location of our new hire.
Beyond salary, you can learn more about our Benefits & Perks for our North America Brainlabbers here.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
Current position range
Brainlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace: we are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know!