Job Title: Social Media Sr Manager
Company: Sports Business Journal
Location: Charlotte, NC
Sports Business Journal is a globally recognized brand that is the go-to news and network source for thousands of sports business professionals. Producing breaking content every day, hosting over 20 events a year, and offering excellent content to thousands of subscribers, the task representing this portfolio of products is an important one.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· You will join a social media team which creates and executes the social media strategy for the Sports Business Journal.
· Provide strategic direction to the social media team, staying on top of the latest trends, algorithms and changes.
· Build and maintain an impactful and rapid plan to promote breaking news on all major social platforms including X, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, etc. to drive traffic back to the SBJ website.
· Work with the editorial staff to develop an accurate, effective calendar to promote our stories, in-depth packages and events.
· Communication outreach for PR opportunities and social media collaborations.
· Coach and consult with editorial staff on personal social media outreach, ensuring ultimate SBJ goals.
· Partner with the video and audio team to create innovative social media posts, as well as create visually appealing posts with images on short notice.
· Attend SBJ events to amplify and create unique content from various sources such as live sessions as well as covering panels.
· Own the social media analytics, sharing them across sections of the company and using them to plan improvements to the overall SBJ brand and strategy
· Working knowledge of best practices for posting news and information on major social platforms including X, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
· Must have a deep knowledge of the sports industry or journalism background.
· Familiarity with or comfort learning collective social media platforms (i.e. Sprout Social, Hootsuite) and how to best use them, including understanding their limitations and how to work around them.
· Familiarity or willingness to learn content creation tools for both video and images (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.)
· Must be able to write scripts and comfortable recording/being in video content.
· Outgoing attitude willing to engage executives at events for social media content.
· Belief in quality and upholding the high standards that SBJ is known for from a writing and visual perspective.
· Process orientation and ability to “say no” occasionally.
· Ability to work across multiple constituencies and to teach others.
· Successful experience having operated on social media platforms.
· 3-5 years of experience.
Leaders Group Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state, or federal law.