Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Company: World Market
Location: Alameda, CA
Who We Are
For over 60 years, we have curated a unique marketplace filled with inspiring finds for the home decorator, entertainer, and gifter. From international foods and hand-picked wine and beverages to artisan furniture and on-trend décor, we offer a high-quality assortment at a great value you won’t find anywhere else.
And, while diversity of product is critical to our success as a retail brand, it is our culture of diversity and belonging that allows us to thrive as a team. Each and every individual’s contributions and unique perspective matter and inspire us to be inclusive, collaborative, open-minded, adaptable, honest, and respectful.
What You’ll Do
As the Social Media Specialist, you will own the strategy and execution of organic social channels alongside the digital marketing team. You will be responsible for developing brand-elevating and customer-relevant storytelling that drives customer engagement, increases brand awareness and follower growth. You should have excellent multitasking skills, a creative way of thinking, brand understanding, and be comfortable presenting ideas and results across the organization.
This role will positively impact brand awareness and consumer perception to maximize the success and profitability of World Market.
- Oversee organic social channels for World Market including strategy, reporting, and execution.
- Develop content plans for each channel, work with the content team to request and create content ensuring a similar voice in the correct medium for each channel.
- Ability to work cross functionally with marketing and creative teams and paid social agency to develop channel goals.
- Skills and knowledge to create content for all social channels (Instagram reels, videos and stills, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook content).
- Own community management. Engage with and monitor social channel interactions in partnership with customer service.
- Maintain reporting and analytics of social channels with management of internal tools.
- Partner with merchant teams to plan for seasonal releases and to generate content.
- Must be able to go into sample house in Alameda weekly or as needed.
What You’ll Bring
Knowledge of the business side of social media.
Retail Experience building a brand voice in Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
Skillset to create content across social channels.
Strategic thinking to expand the reach and impact of our social channels and influencers.
Desire to stay on top of trends, develop a cohesive cross platform strategy and ability to pivot quickly as macro and internal trends change.
Positive attitude and ability to connect and influence cross functionally.
Work Location: Hybrid. You will spend up to 10 days per month on average at our Alameda, CA Home Office.
Why We Love It
- Work life balance is a priority.
- Up to 30% employee discount and product sample sales!
- A fun and supportive work environment where you feel welcomed and safe.
- A culture of inclusion that empowers you to be your best authentic self.
- Opportunities to make an impact through your passions.
- Wellness Programs including virtual fitness classes, personal health advocates, coaches, gym discounts and more.
- Accrued Vacation, Sick Time and Personal Holidays.
- Eligible employees offered Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Coverage, 401(k) Savings Plan, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance and more.
CA Pay Range is $80,000-$95,000 annually
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of World Market, LLC. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.