Job Title: Social Media Specialist, Special Projects (Remote)
Location: United States
Yelp is looking for a Social Media Specialist for its Social Media team. The ideal candidate knows how to tell a great story by concepting creative brand campaigns, creating eye-catching visuals and drafting sharp copy to increase engagement rates and drive sessions to the Yelp app. He/she/they is quick to adapt to the ever-changing social media landscape, is comfortable working in a fast-paced organization and believes that the best social media content is all about human connection.
You’ll work with other social media team members, internal stakeholders and external partners to develop consumer-facing content that builds awareness for the Yelp brand and drives positive sentiment. The goal is to make meaningful and helpful content to communicate with consumers to build rapport, advocacy, and ultimately, equity over time.
To be successful in this role, you need to know how to execute all parts of a campaign and how to handle content production. You will be responsible for handling designing and editing social media assets for campaigns, as needed. You are a content creator at heart, who can easily pivot from editing Reels to photoshopping graphics. You are well-versed in creating content for Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest, as needed.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Social Media team, contribute to Yelp’s growth, and help local businesses succeed. This is a remote position and does not require a physical presence in Yelp’s offices. We will consider candidates located anywhere in the United States.
Interested? Please submit a resume and include links to the social media properties you have managed and/or noteworthy campaign work.
Where You Come In
- End-to-end brand campaign management. You’re comfortable with both coming up with ideas for a social media campaign, creating editorial calendars and taking a strategy to execute.
- Overarching consumer channel planning for Yelp’s regional growth social program.
- Designing and editing for social media assets, as needed. You know Photoshop in and out and you can edit Reels in record time.
- Pull reporting and analytics.
- Partner with team members on optimizing campaign content for Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest, as needed.
- Identity trends and conversations for content creation opportunities.
- Utilize social listening/sentiment tools to recommend enhancements to the social strategy.
- Work closely with the PR team and Marketing team to sync social content with company announcements.
- Execute social media paid campaigns, as needed.
What It Takes To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree: Journalism, Communication, English, or relevant professional experience.
- You have 3+ years of direct, hands-on experience supporting brand social properties in a corporate environment.
- Must have editing and design experience, specifically for social media channels.
- Must have influencer marketing experience.
- Preferred: Agency experience
What You’ll Get
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range is $60,000 to $80,000 annually. You may also be offered benefits
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
CCPA Privacy Notice