Job Title: Social Media Specialist – Content Creation
Location: Austin, TX
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Social Media Specialist - Content Creator will work within the YETI Social Media Team to create social-first video and photo content that aligns with the brand style and content guidelines. This person has experience with creating video content specifically for social media and a proven track record of creating high-quality content. Experience with TikTok and/or Instagram Reels is a plus.
This role will require a combination of content creation skills including video shooting, editing, and some photography, and the right candidate will be comfortable managing multiple priorities and projects. This role will also require some travel to outdoor locations and industry events – comfort in these environments is a plus.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Create high quality social media content that aligns with the brand vision and social media strategy
- Shoot and edit social-first video content for multiple channels and placements, including TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube, and Instagram Stories
- Independently and quickly edit videos through Adobe Creative Suite video products and in-platform social media tools
- Partner with Social Media Producer on the ideation, planning, and execution of social-first video and photo shoots
- Clearly communicate production and editing processes to teams, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and proactively prioritize work with social and content teams
- Maintain YETI brand standards and consistent look and feel across all social content
- Capture real-time and event content (video and photography) from industry, retail, and YETI-hosted events
- Collaborate with internal YETI Content team on multi-channel and campaign content projects
- Keep up to date on social media trends, understanding the social feedback loop, and adjusting accordingly based on performance
- Work with external content partners on sourcing curated seasonal content
- Organize and upload content to internal asset storage
Qualifications And Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 0 -2 years experience in content creation or video editing at an agency, media company, design studio, brand or similar
- Comfortable with operating professional camera equipment (Canon camera systems)
- Expert-level command of design and motion applications, standard design applications, and video editing software including Adobe Creative Suite video products (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Audition)
- Understanding of the social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and/or TikTok. Experience with TikTok is a plus
- Understanding with short-form social media video content
- Proven experience of creating content for social media channels. Content samples required with application.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail - specifically when handling multiple video projects, versioning, and receiving feedback from project owners.
- Positive and solution-based attitude. This role must take ownership of its impact on each project and see that all details are well thought out.
- Ability to take feedback and implement edits
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to actively contribute to social content brainstorming
- Self-starter, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Ability to collaborate with others and work in a team environment
- Energetic, approachable and self-motivated attitude
- Wiliness to travel up to 25% of the time and occasional weekend travel is required
- Experience in the outdoor industry or passion for the outdoors is a plus
This position is based at YETI’s HQ in Austin, Texas, and relocation support will be offered to selected candidate.
US Workplace Approach
Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YETI Global Workforce Data Privacy Notice
If you require accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact us at [email protected].