Job Title: Social Media Senior Manager
Company: Kraft Sports + Entertainment
Location: Foxborough, MA
The Social Media Senior Manager will direct the Patriots social accounts and staff, maintain and oversee brand voice in all posts and messaging, monitor brand mentions and interactions and oversee all content posting on Patriots social channels while maintaining the overall reputation of the organization. The Social Media Senior Manager will oversee and execute social media strategy to maximize reach and growth of our overall audiences and use our platforms to meet organizational goals, while identifying new opportunities across social and digital platforms. It will be essential to work interdepartmentally.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the social media calendar for the Patriots, including milestones and sponsorship fulfilment, and work within the social media department and all other affected departments to execute
- Monitor Patriots content on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis, looking for top performing content; brainstorm ways to improve underperforming content; create new series and concepts based on trends; adjust existing content for maximum return
- Ensure that department/organization is considering current social issues and trends for involvement, commentary, or amplification on social content channels
- Report back success to Content team to celebrate producers work and to highlight best practices
- Encourage optimization with search engines and producing specific content for specific platforms
- Stay current with content trends, including but not limited to, social media best practices, emerging platforms and industry news; integrate new social platform features where applicable
- Create new tags to provide data points used for content strategy decisions; request reporting from Digital Marketing to guide efficient and effective decision-making
- Help grow our audience with collaborations and partnerships (eg: social media influencers), as well as search engine optimization and promoted content
- Communicate and brainstorm with the Owned and Operated team (patriots.com, Patriots app) to drive traffic from social media to those properties and optimize web content (both in timeliness and relevance), including compiling content for articles or galleries and/or written articles if necessary
- Oversee social media content production scheduling and collaboratively strategize promotional support for individual pieces of content and content series
- Collaborate on high level content calendar and inventory list of sponsorable assets for season-long efforts as well as tentpole events; work with Sponsorship team to optimize series to maximize value for the Patriots and its sponsors
- Offer new ideas to fulfill specific sponsor requests and/or find ways to execute custom content for sponsors
- Work with the Digital Marketing department to launch paid social campaigns
- Oversee the direction of posting and social interactions across all Patriots social media platforms; approving copy and content as needed and managing staff who facilitate with post creation; posting, execution, monitoring and fan engagement
- Hire, manage, schedule, motivate and empower staff to maximize productivity and value.
- Manage the planning and execution of all content that appears on Patriots social channels, serving as the gatekeeper and monitoring content to ensure it fits sponsorship requirements and meets brand standards
- Collaborate with other departments throughout the organization for an integrated social media effort and to help leverage the Patriots accounts to promote internal initiatives, including Gillette Stadium, New England Revolution, public relations, community relations, cheerleaders, retail, marketing, Patriot Place and The Patriots Hall of Fame
- Serve as the point of contact for organizational requests coming into the Content Department for promotion and awareness; offer solutions to amplify organizational affiliates such as the New England Revolution, Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place
- Manage outside vendors and freelancers, such as illustrators and provide content and social media guidance for international staff and agencies
- Write copy as needed and direct the copywriting process for all social media posts on Patriots channels; approve copy written by staff; assist the web and email marketing teams with copy and coordinate any approvals with necessary departments
- Oversee the process for sharing, distributing, and tracking content for players requests, patriots.com, international channels and any other internal needs
- Oversee storylines and content from media availabilities and community events, meeting with other members of the content team to brainstorm stories and execute in a timely and relevant manner; help produce stories in collaboration with a video editor or writer and appear on camera as needed
- Serve as liaison to the public relations department as it pertains to player transactions, press releases and media schedule.
- Business owner of the Content Departments Slack channel used for communication as well as Keeper, used for storage and protection of the credentials to our various platforms
- Serve as contact with the NFL for all social media communication as well as point-person for the NFL33 initiative involving content sharing and coordination
- Manage ownership reporting, staying on top of all social mentions and crafting detailed email reports with insight on how and why certain pieces of content are performing a certain way
- Understand and adhere to team and league rules where applicable
- Travel as necessary
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPAA
- Social Media Supervisor
- Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Lifestyle Editor
- Social Media Marketing Associate
- RKK Content Fellow
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum five years managing a professional brands social presence across platforms, including experience with partners, customers, fans and/or agencies
- Superior organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Strong management skills, including ability to delegate projects, provide guidance and oversight
- Strong knowledge of social media data and analytics to drive decision-making
- A passion for social media, the Internet and industry trends and excellent knowledge of platforms, their back-end posting studios and how to optimize content by platform and audience
- Working knowledge of sports, pop culture and news, including but not limited to current events
- Familiarity working with content monitoring and measurement tools such as Pares.ly, Adobe, Google Analytics 360, CrowdTangle, Spredfast, Respondology, ChartBeat and native social media platform tools
- Exceptional time and people management to navigate the 24/7 nature of sports and social media
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure, which will involve working evenings and weekends
- Sound journalistic ethics and judgment
- Strong understanding of how social media contributes to an organizations overall goals, including fan engagement & growth, revenue, and storytelling
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working cross-departmentally and with external teams to reach organizational and strategic goals
- Exemplary writing skills, with strong copywriting and understanding of engaging copy and optimization
- High-level editing and proofreading skills
- Trustworthy, with good foresight, problem solving skills and ability to quickly assess risk and make appropriate decisions
- Creative and highly motivated individual, with experience with Photoshop, Premiere, Spark and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong football knowledge and ability to work with game statistics and storylines
- Ability to understand audiences, identify storylines, engaging photos, and popular content
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics .