Meta is thisclose to working out adding actual limbs to its Metaverse avatars.
Meta and Microsoft are partnering to bring Microsoft features to the Metaverse.
- Facebook looks to be readying a Collaborative Reels option.
- Instagram appears to be working on publicly-discoverable discussion channels (previously under development as “Public Groups”).
- Twitter now has an improved analytics hub for Professional accounts, part of an overall push towards making the Professional accounts more of a “thing.”
Also in Professional Account news, you can now choose a CTA to lead people offsite to do things like book appointments, listen to music, or make reservations (though only certain domains are allowed).
Some Twitter Community admins are now able to host Spaces within those Communities as part of a new feature test.
As part of an overall push towards greater development of Twitter Shop functionalities, Twitter is working on development of tweetable product cards.
It’s one thing to not allow people to reply to your tweets—but soon, you may be able to control who can even @mention you on the platform.
- Twitter may also be testing unclickable hashtags (in a bid to monetize the ones that remain clickable).
- YouTube is rolling out Channel Handles, a unique identifier for your channel (if you already have a personalized URL for your channel, you can likely just keep that as your handle).
- TikTok now has voice search.