- Meta Opens Up Facebook’s ‘Professional Mode’ to All Creators Globally “ With professional mode, you can use professional tools to build a public following, earn money from various monetization programs, and connect with your audience in more meaningful ways. And you can do it all on the profile you already have on Facebook.” - Meta
Do you have Professional Mode enabled? Some of us do, and the only feature that is interesting at the moment is the analytics section.
Instagram Rolls Out Product Tagging API for Reels This will show up in any 3rd party app you are using for Instagram.
Can you add music on an Instagram POST?
We don’t have this yet - do you?
NEW Blue Subscription launches on iOS
Twitter is testing all these new services so not everyone has access to these yet.
Release Notes from Twitter:
Starting today, we’re adding great new features to Twitter Blue, and have more on the way soon. Get Twitter Blue for $7.99/month if you sign up now
- Blue checkmark: Power to the people: Your account will get a blue checkmark, just like the celebrities, companies, and politicians you already follow.
- Half the ads & much better ones: Since you’re supporting Twitter in the battle against the bots, we’re going to reward you with half the ads and make them twice as relevant.
- Post longer videos: You’ll finally be able to post longer videos to Twitter.
- Priority ranking for quality content: Your content will get priority ranking in replies, mentions and search. This helps lower the visibility of scams, spam, and bots.
- Availability: Twitter Blue with verification is currently available on iOS in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
- Create LinkedIn Audio Events This PDF tutorial will teach you how to use Audio Events if you are in Creator Mode on LinkedIn. Do you have this feature set up?
This YouTube Feature Could Blow Up Your Channel - YouTube Creator News
Hands down - THIS is the Channel to watch if you need to keep up with all the Youtube News. And if you only want to keep up with this topic and not his other videos - then bookmark this NEWS playlist.
TikTok Unveils TikTok Works Set of Third-Party Measurement Studies
“TikTok said it is also helping brands win over non-brand and new-to-category buyers, adding that the NCS study showed that its platform is four times more efficient than TV at acquiring new customers.”
The woman behind making TikTok tick for creators
"Krystle Watler heads up TikTok’s Creative Agency Partnerships, North America division, which was launched last summer as a way for the growing platform to help creative agencies and their clients better understand how TikTok works — something that has become increasingly important given TikTok’s status as the current social media darling.
[CAP University An Educational Program Designed for Creative Agencies]
“We’re here to inspire next-level creative content on the world’s fastest-growing entertainment platform. After completing the program, enrollees will be able to lead conversations with their clients, concept and create for the platform, and continue driving their clients’ business forward. Most importantly, enrollees will have a newfound understanding of the creative possibilities on and off the platform.”
AGENCIES NOTE: This is the course to go through before designing strategies on TikTok.
32 Predictions for Social Media Marketing in 2023
“We’re nearing the end of yet another year, and what a chaotic 12 months it’s been for the major social networks. Meta continued its gradual decline, TikTok continues to rise, and Twitter is right now in the midst of a chaotic management shift, which could basically see anything happen at the app. With all that’s going on, it’s difficult to predict what might be coming next, but we’ll give it a shot, with our 2023 predictions for each of the major social apps.”
NOTE: this is a very long and detailed exploration of what could happen in 2023. It is worth the read if you are developing marketing strategies for clients. What do YOU think will happen in 2023?