đź“° Social Media Pulse News: November 21, 2022

Your social media news for November 21, 2022:

Meta

• Meta is ceasing further development on its Portal series of smart displays and is no longer planning to develop smart watches.

• Meta’s upcoming invitation-only Community Forums will bring together 6,000 people from 32 countries to help advise on policy and product development.

• Deceased rapper Notorious B.I.G. will present a “concert” on Meta’s VR platform via a hyper-realistic virtual avatar to commemorate what would have been the performer’s 50th birthday.

• Meta’s XTADIUM app will feature 180-degree virtual footage in up to 8K video quality for sports events within the Quest VR environment.

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 8.26.50 PM

Facebook

• If your Facebook Group members have been a little shy, Facebook is now providing “introduction prompts” to encourage them to share.

• Facebook’s app has added a new tool to help you find restaurants.

• Emoji statuses are rolling out to more users, but appear not to successfully synch between Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram just yet (still in beta).

Instagram

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 8.30.28 PM

• You can now DM a Reel to a friend (as you can with feed posts).

• On-profile ad posts have been spotted in action.

• Instagram is developing the option to control image ratio when viewing profile posts (currently, they always show up square).

Twitter

DISCLAIMER: Twitter news is changing on a near-hourly basis, so please double-check the current status before taking action based on any of these stories.

LinkedIn

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 8.32.13 PM

• At their first-ever B2Believe Summit, LinkedIn introduced a few new tools for B2B brands, including new reporting features, brand safety measures, additional advertising options, and enhanced search.

YouTube

TikTok

• TikTok is live testing its Shopping feature in the US.

• TikTok Now (TikTok’s in-the-moment BeReal copy) is now showing up on the For You Page…

• …but the feature may soon have its own feed.

WhatsApp

Misc

1 Like

Deceased rapper Notorious B.I.G. will present a “concert” on Meta’s VR platform via a hyper-realistic virtual avatar to commemorate what would have been the performer’s 50th birthday.

That’s just…weird? Idk how I feel about that one.

1 Like

I think it’s creepy as hell, but I know his estate has been cool with similar things in the past.

2 Likes