Job Title: Social Media Marketing Manager
Company: Nikola Motor Company
Location: Phoenix, AZ
This position is a contract position
The Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for engaging and growing Nikola’s social channels by creating and distributing informative, high-value strategic social content to each persona/audience across various platforms in the Nikola brand voice. A combination of strategy and planning, content creation, community management and tracking/analysis, this role aims to generate awareness for Nikola while driving continual growth and engagement. You’ll own the execution of both organic and paid social campaigns, work closely with functional teams to execute campaigns that support each teams’ goals and objectives to increase the brand presence and support our go-to market strategy.
- Develop forward-thinking social media strategy based on channel, campaigns, content pillars, goals/objectives, bi-weekly and monthly
- Own the Nikola external brand voice across all social platforms and play an integral role on the Nikola Marketing Team
- Social media strategy development for both organic and paid campaigns, collaborating with copywriting, execution, and approval process
- Own creation of social media content, ideate ways to promote upcoming content pieces, product launches, and any other announcements ensuring content resonates with the customer and the brand based on each platform
- Lead weekly social content sessions and brainstorm ideations for content
- Manage day-to-day social media presence across all social media channels, including community management engagement tactics, publishing, and scheduling
- Create and monitor social listening related to key conversations across all platforms to identify brand response and engagement opportunities
- Develop, maintain, and build partnerships to effectively collaborate with partners, key stakeholders, etc.
- Actively participate and work with Nikola dealers, BOD and SLT to create social posts based on our content pillars and develop a calendar with weekly content curation and assist with engagement
- Report out on weekly, monthly, and quarterly social media, media reporting
- Create ad-hoc and crisis-based reporting based on announcements and trending topics, as needed
- Comfortable finding the meaning in data, turning data into stories, and presenting data findings
- Conduct extensive audience, placement, and platform research to help inform strategies
- Provide strategic direction on specific initiatives, identifying key messages or value proposition and the best means to communicate or demonstrate this
- Forecast performance and spend for future budget recommendations
- Stay up to date on best practices and industry trends including paid advertising, social platform updates and social engagement tactics, to inform Nikola’s go to market social strategy
- Work collaboratively across the organization and with the creative team to develop high-quality, useful, and engaging content
- Build brand awareness and drive growth through social influencer partnerships
- Support Public Relations via coordinated announcements, internal and external comms, etc.
- At least 5+ years in Digital Marketing, Social or Digital Advertising
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and social media management tools (Netbase)
- Proficiency with social media native platforms (including back-end analytics and ad platforms, i.e. Facebook’s Business Manager) and third party marketing software
- Expertise with Marketing, Public Communications and SaaS-based tools, i.e., Google Analytics, Hubspot, Cision, Melt water, etc.
- Strong analytical skills – and previous experience analyzing and interpreting social data
- Passion for a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Proven track record of taking initiative to suggest and implement new ideas
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to relentlessly prioritize
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously, collaboration and working successfully with multiple stakeholders and teams
- You should expect to operate with independence, maintain responsibility and accountability for all job responsibilities.
- A passion for and working knowledge of EVs, and the future of mobility
- Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada.
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: Nikola is not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies. No fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Nikola, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.