Job Title: Social Media Marketing Manager
Company: Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Location: Frisco TX
The Dallas Cowboys Social Media Department is seeking a highly qualified Social Media Marketing Manager with extensive working experience in the field of social media and marketing strategy. The purpose of our Social Media department is to develop, publish and optimize content across the Dallas Cowboys’ Social Media Portfolio. The Social Media Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for producing and publishing content across the Star in Frisco, AT&T Stadium and other event-focused and marketing-driven accounts. They will also serve as a liaison between the Social Media Department and the Brand and Marketing team to lead support of marketing initiatives across the full social portfolio. This person must be a creative and strategic thinker who collaborates and communicates effectively with others. This is a high-visibility role that will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on driving broader marketing initiatives in a manner that resonates across the Dallas Cowboys social ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, ideate and produce content that promotes marketing initiatives and events across the Dallas Cowboys social media portfolio (this includes Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and other emerging platforms).
- Lead social media calendar planning and content publishing across the Star in Frisco and AT&T Stadium channels.
- Partner closely with the Brand and Marketing Team to provide strategic recommendations for how marketing programs and campaigns come to life across all Dallas Cowboys social channels.
- Drive production and delivery of creative assets in collaboration with stakeholders in Brand and Marketing, Design and Creative Video teams.
- Brainstorm and provide engaging ideas that communicate marketing initiatives effectively on social to our fan base.
- Develop best in class social marketing campaigns to further enhance marketing messages and maintain a high level of engagement across our social platforms.
- Work closely with the Social Media Analyst to understand how posts are performing based on audience behaviors and adjust to increase engagement.
- Own, maintain and report on campaign plans, promotional calendars, KPIs to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders by developing and maintaining strong relationships across departments.
- Required Qualifications:
- A degree in social media, marketing, communications or related field
- 4-5 years of experience in social media marketing and management, preferably within an agency or Brand environment
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok; must also have a pulse on developing platforms
- Experience publishing to social platforms in a professional/brand capacity
- Experience working with influencers and creating original partnership/collaboration opportunities on social
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize unique social content ideas and follow through to implementation
- Deep knowledge in best practices and strategy for promoting events and marketing initiatives across social platforms
- Strong storytelling/copywriting/copy editing skills
- Basic knowledge of the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys
- Must be able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Screening Questions for Teamwork
All potential candidates should be prepared to answer these questions.
- Do you have a college degree in social media, marketing, communications or a related field?
- Do you have at least 4 years of working experience in the social media field?
- Do you have experience working with influencers and creating original partnership/collaboration opportunities on social? Please give an example.
- What is the one piece of social media marketing content you have created/produced that you are most proud of? Please provide links.
- Explain your role in these examples.
- Can you work nights, weekends and holidays?
The Dallas Cowboys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.