Job Title: Social Media Marketing Communications Manager
Company: Caterpillar Inc.
Location: Peoria, IL
** Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc. **
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
The Global Construction & Infrastructure (GCI) Marketing Innovation Team has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated, and social-media savvy professional to be a Social Media Marketing Manager for the global Construction Industries Social Media Center of Excellence (COE) . This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a digital communicator who is comfortable in the worlds of strategy and insights and can translate big ideas into tangible deliverables.
The Global Social Media Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting and executing digital strategy and customer experience across key customer communication channels around the world. This person will represent the Building Construction Products (BCP) and GCI teams regarding social governance and policies and ensure the business units needs and capabilities are prioritized and new processes are compliant within Enterprise standards.
Finally, this role will be the Marketing Lead for the Construction Industries Global Operator Challenge (GOC) which occurs every three years. With this responsibility, the individual will handle the global promotion strategy and work with the regional MARCOM teams on dealer rollout and support, regional GOC challenge planning and execution, and consult on regional promotional plans. In addition, they will co-lead the planning and execution of the GOC finals.
What You’ll Do
- Lead day-to-day activities for the global social COE.
- Collaborate with brand marketing, tools, governance, and intelligence teams to help inform strategy and impact on-going optimizations.
- Establish strategic global content framework to support the digital customer experience.
- Align social and messaging customer experience: structure, processes, reporting, etc.
- Develop in-depth strategy based on enterprise-specific data and predetermined key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Proactively research and share global best practice guidelines for emerging messaging channels and social communities and trends.
- Work closely with COE social media regional team to develop social engagement plans and strategies for the brand, in line with Global / Regional Social Media governance model and processes.
- Direct strategies and processes for ongoing channel management (monitoring, response management, content adaptation and creation, posting, sustain conversation and engagement) for the global Social Media channels.
- Develop global framework to identify, locate, and engage with advocates and influencers within social communities in the market to build relationships.
- Build measurement and analysis reports and recommendations with actionable insights from data and insights based on close connection to the community, leveraging Global / Regional COE listening and monitoring tools and standardized dashboards. Optimize social media and engagement tactics based on insights.
- Ensure and adhere to all legal guidelines for capturing and posting social content in social communities.
- Consult and coordinate with the Regional and Global teams to share and receive content, assets, best practices, POV’s.
- Work with senior members of the team to help coordinate projects, manage timelines, and execute on-time deliverables.
- Develop self-service training materials and manage the tracking and reporting of user completions.
- Onboarding and offboarding of new users and tool access per user.
- Handling/routing/tracking tool capabilities and functionality.
What You Have
- Progressive experience in integrated marketing and/or digital communications
- Experience delivering business goals, product launches or brand communication
- Assessment skills to evaluate creative work, as well as experience working with or for creative and media agencies
- Detail and results-oriented
- Industry knowledge of current trends in social media, digital and customer experience
** Top Candidates Will Also Have **
- Proficient in the tactical use of core social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube, etc.).
- Knowledge of Social Media management systems (e.g., Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Buddy Media, Vitrue, Brandwatch, Khoros, or Sprout Social etc.).
- Expertise in using analytics tools (e.g., Facebook Insights, Omniture, Google Analytics, Webtrends, etc.) and experience developing meaningful analytics reports and insights.
- Understanding of basic web tools – CMS platforms, analytics and social trending tools.
- High Ethical Standards: Channel managers are stewards of a company’s Social Media policy and serve as a “voice” of the brand. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the personal integrity and professionalism.
- Refined Communication Skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating large organizations/teams in a positive, diplomatic way.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills along with the ability to effectively communicate with team members and clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing programs of all sizes, preferably integrated programs that utilize multiple customer care channels.
How We Support You (Employee Benefits)
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a yearly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
** Your Work Shapes the World **
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .