Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Austin, TX
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI is seeking a Social Media Manager to lead the overall management and operations of the YETI social channels supporting key brand initiatives and product campaigns. This individual will lead a group of social strategists and coordinators to develop brand and product campaigns and always on social-first content.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about social media and community building and is comfortable with social media strategy and working with creative teams. This person brings experience with advanced media formats and new platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels and is comfortable with testing new platform features.
The Social Media Manager will be both an expert in social media and a collaborative team manager, who is adept at multi-tasking and can thrive as strategist, creative thinker, and people manager.
- Manage overall planning and editorial calendar for YETI social channels on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Serve as the main point of contact and social media thought-leader with key marketing and creative partners to develop brand and product campaigns.
- Oversee development of social media assets, ensuring consistency in brand voice and visual guidelines.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of social media campaigns from concept through to publishing.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies in social planning and cross-team collaboration processes.
- Manage the measurement and reporting initiatives to show the impact of social media campaigns; exercise ability to develop insights and recommendations to inform planning.
- Manage and coach team of social media strategists with a focus on team collaboration, growth, and mentorship.
- Partner with social media strategists and in-house Creative Studio team to ideate social-first concepts with an emphasis on video content.
- Lead internal cross-functional team brainstorms to develop social story concepts for social-first content and extensions of creative brand campaigns.
- Partner with Paid Social team to bridge the gap between owned and paid social content.
- Act as a social media thought leader by staying informed and communicating platform changes as they rapidly evolve. Be proactive in informing the team of social media trends and opportunities that directly support the YETI social media strategy.
Qualifications And Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar field
- At least 6 years in social media or marketing experience
- At least 2 years of management required
- Prior experience driving social strategy and daily execution in a cross-functional organization; experience working in-house on behalf of brand account is preferred
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in social media platforms and asset requirements (experience with utilizing TikTok on behalf of a brand account is a plus)
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance data and insights
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to problem solve and find creative solutions to complex problems
- Experience working with a wide range of creative formats including short-form video, photography, GIFs, and live videos
- Proven track record creating large-scale social campaigns, providing examples for reference
- Knowledge of the social media landscape and changes in the marketplace
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to customize copy to specific activities/markets
- Comfort with working with data in Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Moves with a sense of urgency and comfort with managing deadlines
- Experience working in the outdoor industry and passion for the outdoors and/or YETI pursuits a plus
- This position is based at YETI’s HQ in Austin, Texas, and relocation support will be offered to selected candidate.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YETI Global Workforce Data Privacy Notice