Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Wow Bao
Location: Chicago, IL
WOW BAO is hiring a SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER for our team in Chicago!
3 to 5 years of relevant work experience as a Social Media Manager or similar type of role.
Experience in restaurants, fast-casual, and/or food industry is a plus!
The key metrics of success for this position will be increasing customer engagement and growing social audiences, to ultimately increase top line sales. This person will curate and maintain a positive brand image of the concept on a local, regional and national level through social media.
This role is on-site in our River North office.
Innovative. Fast Pace. Growth.
Wow Bao was named #1 Restaurant Brand of the Year by Fast Casual magazine, making history as the first company to ever win twice. Join the fastest growing Asian virtual kitchen concept in the US. Our virtual kitchen concept has launched 700+ locations in the past two years and growing!
Wow Bao is an innovative Asian fast casual restaurant that fuses superior hospitality and industry leading technology to deliver signature flavors “at the speed of life.” Our menu features rice bowls, pan-seared potstickers, dumplings, soups, and our iconic Bao – steamed hot Asian buns with a variety of savory and sweet fillings. Join the fastest growing Asian virtual kitchen concept in the US!
We foster a culture of caring.
Whether it’s our guests or our employees, we put people first. We strive to inspire, to motivate, and to appreciate one another every day. We live by the golden rule and treat everyone with kindness, empathy, respect, and a healthy dose of humor. We take our work, not ourselves, seriously.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Oversee and develop the organic social media presence for a national virtual restaurant concept by monitoring and creating content across popular social media channels (including, and not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) In addition to content creation and social media management, this position requires knowledge and experience growing social media audiences, increasing engagement with existing audiences, developing unique sharable content, understanding the changing landscape of organic social reach & deliverability, and measuring growth on all platforms for topline reporting to the leadership team. This position also creates content for email newsletters and other digital channels.
The primary responsibility of the Social Media Manager is to create, post, engage, market, and analyze Wow Bao and Wow Bao’s affiliate virtual kitchen brand in partnership with the Skinny Butcher brand across multiple organic social platforms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Oversee and activate social media strategy on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and others for Wow Bao and Wow Bao’s affiliated virtual kitchen brand.
- Develop the annual social media strategy and content calendar to align with Wow Bao and our affiliated virtual kitchen brand messaging objectives and brand aesthetics.
- Monitor, review, and initiate conversations with and respond to community comments referencing established brand and community guidelines on all social media and review platforms including, but not limited to, Yelp, Google Business and TripAdvisor.
- Grow social media audiences by following and interacting with users and community influencers (This one is very important!!) and by the use of promotions, contests, partnerships and other effective tactics.
- Monitor competitive social media strategies and report trends to the marketing team.
- Foster community engagement with Wow Bao’s affiliated virtual kitchen brand across social media platforms.
- Drive signups for and engagement in our Web3 loyalty program, using acquisition tactics and community management to ultimately increase Wow Bao’s NFT sales.
- Create content for regular, original, on-brand content for social media and marketing purposes including copy/storytelling, video and photography that maintains the brand’s voice and aesthetic. (see below for video & photography skills).
- Through social channels, create and market merchandise for Wow Bao and Skinny Butcher brands.
- Generate, collect and analyze social media metrics to identify trends and themes, optimize program strategy and content and prepare social media reports.
- Vet new social media and location-based platforms and assess compatibility with Wow Bao’s affiliated virtual kitchen brand.
- Manage Social Media Influencer program by creating and developing relationships with key influencers around important events and moments in the marketing calendar.
- Create a monthly editorial calendar to share with store marketers and other internal resources.
- Gather topics from stakeholders, write, schedule and analyze Wow Bao’s B2C and B2B email newsletters.
- Plan, research, and coordinate with vendors the supervision / production of marketing materials, reports, and promotional materials that support social initiatives.
- Work with design and marketing team to create collateral and share promotions on social, email, website, listings, media, etc.
- Enhance annual marketing calendar to outline all social media costs (e.g. promotions, influencers) for the year with budget including events, membership dues, advertising, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with all partners and local community groups.
- Be available to assist and work during Wow Bao offsite events such as Lollapalooza, National Bao Eating Contest, National Bao Day, and other events as needed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Leadership, corporate & marketing team members, field level operators, and store employees.
- Perform calmly and effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- Three to five years as a Social Media Manager or similar type of role.
- Proficient with social channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube with the ability to understand and improve key organic social media metrics.
- Experience with social media content creation, including designed images, as well as simple photography and video/video editing.
- Experience in using the following platforms: Sprout Social, MailChimp, WordPress, Yelp, and Google Business is preferred.
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Partake in a professional and positive work environment.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Healthiest You by Teledoc (voluntary virtual healthcare program)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Restaurant Discounts and Employee Meals
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Discount Programs
- Training, Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- We foster a culture of CARE
- Growth & development opportunities; we love it when people grow at Wow Bao!
Benefits eligibility varies based on things like position, hours worked, and length of service, and all benefits are subject to change, some of the benefits you might expect are listed above.