Job Title: Manager, Social Media (Wasserman Music)
Company: Wasserman Music
Location: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Encinitas, Chicago, or Nashville
Wasserman Music represents a world-class roster of artists for live performance, touring, brand partnerships and beyond, empowering them to create culture and impact audiences globally. The passionate, entrepreneurial agents at Wasserman Music are long-term artist development strategists who build significant, global platforms for the world’s most influential artists. Wasserman Music is a division of Wasserman, a partner to the world’s most iconic sports figures, musical artists, brands, and properties in their endeavors across sports, entertainment and culture. Our purpose is to transform and advance brands, businesses, and careers.
This position can be based in one of the following office locations: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Encinitas, Chicago, or Nashville.
Day-to-Day Duties Include:
• Serve as the ‘storyteller’ of the company in the social space, maintaining an appropriate, unique, and consistent voice, tone and point-of-view.
• Develop overall strategy and content creation ideas for Wasserman Music’s social media channels, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Spotify; and on behalf of Music for Wasserman’s overall LinkedIn and Facebook channels.
• Create content plans and calendars, and implement processes to execute the plans across the scope all of Wasserman Music’s services, and in collaboration with the rest of the social media and communications team.
• Build and define a dedicated audience unique to each platform, targeting prospective clients and music business professionals.
• Generate and maintain social media guidelines and best practices for the company that support Wasserman Music’s mission and strengthen the brand.
• Communicate with key staff, including agents and executives, on content requests.
• Engage with the audience through exceptional copy that is relevant to the social space.
• Manage the process of creating original visual content, including graphics and videos, and contribute to producing assets as needed.
• Generate analytics reports on the performance of the channels, share findings with internal teams, and make suggestions based off this analysis.
• Work closely with the public relations/communications team as extension of the department, especially in regards to public company and client announcements.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• 5+ years of experience developing social media creative, editing copy and engaging with online audience.
• Flawless spelling and grammar.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized.
• Expertise in the function and utilization of major social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.).
• A demonstrated passion for, and understanding of, social media.
• The desire and willingness to learn new skills and identify platforms as they emerge.
• Initiative to stay on top of trends and online conversation.
• Passion for music and music business is a must. Broad taste is a plus.
• Ability to build relationships internally and become a trusted resource.
• Ability to create strategy based on company goals and identity, and adapt & refine that strategy based on feedback and new information.
• Experience with social media performance measurement tools.
• Familiarity with social media management platforms
• Proficiency in MS Office (including PowerPoint) and Adobe Photoshop; video editing and visual effects capabilities a plus