Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: The Social Element
Location: Detroit, MI
The Social Element:
Hello! We are a leading global independent full service social media agency, founded 21 years ago. Our 260+ team members look after some of the world’s largest brands (Mondelez, Diageo, Dr Pepper). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients enabling us to be the voice of their brand on Social.
We believe that brand growth, trust and loyalty is driven through Genuine Human Connection and that social media presents the best opportunity for brands to engage emotionally with their audience.
At the heart of our clients voice on social is our Social Team. They are passionate, driven and progressive with a creative and sometimes quirky flair, making them a true extension of our clients own teams.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join our Social team in North America.
**Is this you? **
You are an expert in how to leverage social media to enable brands to build communities through genuine human connections in order to meet their business objectives. You strive to know more about your clients’ social communities than they do and you collaborate with internal teams to share learnings from the communities and bring social strategies to life. As a trusted partner of your clients, you have become an extension of their team - taking their social strategy, objectives, style, and tone of voice, and translating strategies into effective community engagement processes. As a team leader, you are able to demonstrate how to do this brilliantly - coaching, mentoring and training your team to engage as the brand, with confidence and flair
What You’ll Do
Oversee, mentor, and have overall responsibility for the work of a team of Social Media Specialists responsible for delivering best-in-class social media engagement. Accountable for the delivery of engagement services for a portfolio of clients.
Client facing: Lead the client by understanding the brand’s social strategy, and continually evaluate and implement the strategy (working closely with other teams such as Strategy, Insights, and Accounts)
- Implement proactive and reactive engagement strategies while ensuring alignment with brand TOV, guidelines, and contractual obligations (such as SLAs)
- Assist in revising engagement tactics and recommendations to clients in response to platform developments.
- Continually grow and update best practices, always thinking of new and better ways to leverage social media platforms to achieve your clients’ goals
- Effective thought leadership and development of direct reports
- Identifying proactive opportunities for clients (utilizing UGC)
- Provide guidance and strategic advice to clients on how to best use social media to reach their goals
- Develop and maintain engagement playbooks, TOV guidelines, engagement processes, and response libraries
- Create client reports highlighting content and engagement performance, and also provide input for Strategy and Insights reporting
- Advise on the implementation and execution of engagement procedures
- Strive to know more about the clients’ social communities than they do
- Be proactive in managing the clients’ social communities by merchandising wins and keeping the clients informed of any trends or issues
- Manage team members including recruiting, onboarding, training, and developing
- Ensure quality, and provide feedback to project team members on how to constantly improve consumer responses
- Deliver team training on brand objectives, style, and tone of voice
- Create new processes and train team to bring strategies to life
- Manage content calendars, oversee copy development for social write social media posts, and oversee and assist with publishing content
- Fluent in social platform capabilities and offerings and keeps up-to-speed on new developments.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with both internal stakeholders and clients
- Outstanding creative writing and proofreading skills
- Confident management skills and experience to get the best out of team
- Exceptional creativity and storytelling ability with a passion for words
- Strong problem-solving skills and a knack for optimizing processes based on ever changing social landscape
- Working knowledge of setting KPIs and measuring content and engagement performance
- In depth knowledge of platform capabilities (ex. TikTok, Facebook, Instagram) including their communities and content publishing capabilities
- Strong curiosity to always stay on top of emerging social media trends
- A strong passion for Internet culture
- Knowledge of paid media management, influencer management, or other social media services a plus
- Commercial, community and social media management experience either client-side or agency
- Extensive knowledge of social media audiences, tools, and capabilities
- Expertise in social platforms and the ability to stay on top of trends to recommend new opportunities
- Extensive knowledge of social media best practices for community engagement
- Previous experience in creative copywriting and editing on social communications
- Experience of writing and execution of social media plans
- Experience of creating and/or delivering client-facing and internal reports and presentations
- Previous experience leading a team
- Native-level written and spoken English
Please note these benefits are applicable to US employees only
100% Remote working
33 days of holiday (including the bank holidays)
Annual Occasion Day off for an important event
1 Volunteer day off
Paid Sick time off
Group Insurance Medical plans with generous employer contribution, including one plan that is employer covered
Dental and Vision plans
FSA & HSA Options, with employer contribution to HSA on select plans
401k with employer matching
Employer Paid Long-Term/Short-Term Disability
Enhanced family friendly policies
Career Break: After 1 year’s service, can take between 4 weeks and 1 year unpaid leave.
Flexible Fridays (Working half day)
The Hiring Process
The hiring process for this position will be made up of the following stages:
An online assessment to measure your community management skills
First interview with a Social Media Specialist and Social Media Manager
Final Interview with Senior Social Media Manager and another member of the Social team
The Social Element Values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well
Be One Team
Do the Right Thing
Make Them Smile
The Social Element Behaviours For Success
Be focused and decisive
Be brave and inspirational
Be rigorous in our approach
Be considered and inclusive
Be loud and proud
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We are also able to make reasonable adjustments throughout the full recruitment process so we invite you to identify any additional support that you may require to ensure you are supported throughout the full process.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so even if you feel you don’t fulfil all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you!
How To Apply
If all this sounds like you, simply upload your CV/resume and a cover letter (or a link to your cover letter video if you prefer). *Make sure to include the following details in your cover letter/video, or we won’t be able to process your application:
- Details of your personal/professional experience in social media
- Why you are interested in being part of our team at The Social Element
- If you would prefer to submit your application in a different format, please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can
We are excited to receive your application!