Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: The Farmer’s Dog
Location: New York, NY Hybrid
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You’ll Come In
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for conceiving, planning, executing, and posting creative social content, with the goals of maximizing reach and engagement, and helping to build The Farmer’s Dog brand. We are looking for someone who can conceive genuinely social, strategically sound ideas, and, most important, execute on those ideas. This role represents a unique opportunity to contribute to our brand strategy and actions across social platforms, to grow a passionate audience base, and help dogs and dog people everywhere live well together.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Help conceive smart, effective, and creative ideas crafted for social distribution. This includes writing, or helping produce images, graphics and social video content
- Contribute day to day in the creation of content for all our channels including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. You’ll take the lead on developing ideas at all levels of ambition—from responsive, quick hits, to major, long-lead series
- Help build on our overall social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, and measurement framework
- Be in charge of building out and managing our social calendar
- Work with our brand and data team to uncover social media audience insights
- Be the go-to source for the latest insights on all the platforms. You’ll take the lead on evaluating new platforms and thinking ahead on where and how we should show up next
- Discover trends / social moments and help determine how (or if) our brand should participate
We’re Excited About You Because
- You have 4+ years of hands-on experience creating for a social channel or channels
- You have experience generating and creating daily social content, whether for a brand, or a media outlet
- You possess a deep understanding of content creation protocols and best practices for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube, and how content across different social channels and platforms can build and grow a brand
- You are a “whole-brained” thinker and doer who can tap into both editorial instinct and data
- You have a genuine interest in staying on top of the trends and topics that matter to dog people, and that matter in culture
- You have meaningful experience with social media analytics tools; facility in generating weekly and monthly reports, and with interpreting data
- You’re a true dog person – even if you don’t have one!
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. All hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday.
NYC and Florida: Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (in accordance with the CDC definition of vaccination) and provide proof thereof in order to work on-site at the New York City and/or Florida offices, unless the employee has an approved exemption (per state/local law) in place prior to the employee’s start date.
Nashville: TFD requests that employees provide proof of vaccination on a voluntary basis prior to working on-site at the Nashville office, in line with local legislation.
The above RTO guidelines and vaccination policy is based on current local COVID-19 guidelines and is subject to change. We strongly encourage employees to take every necessary precaution to prioritize the safety of yourself and of those around you.
A Few Of Our Best Benefits
Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
12 week paid parental leave
Competitive 401k plan with company match
Flexible PTO and WFH policy
Discounted fresh food for your pup
Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $93,000 - $100,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.