Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: The Dink Pickleball
Location: Austin, TX
This is a unique opportunity to manage a brand that speaks to hundreds of thousands of people daily. This person should be stoked at the idea of flexing their creative muscle to entertain, inform, and make our passionate fans/listeners/followers laugh. We are looking for someone who is creative, super detail oriented and up to speed on the latest trends and happenings.
We are specifically looking for someone who plays and watches pickleball!
Work directly with our CEO to learn the ropes of what it takes to build a media brand. This person will be responsible for creating/writing original content, managing our social media channels and staying on top of the latest news and happenings in pickleball.
You will lead and help shape and development our brand voice!
- Post daily across Twitter, IG, TT, FB, YT and more
- Write articles and blogs with analysis and information on pro and amateur pickleball’s most compelling narratives and storylines
- Identify compelling stories and content that will appeal to our audience and drive engagement
- Create original short-form content, memes, videos related to the latest in the world of pickleball
- Constantly monitor social media and other mediums to stay on top of and contribute to the most important conversations and topics
- Provide commentary on news and developments across the sport of pickleball and the pro pickleball landscape
- Identify key topics, data and news that will entertain/inform/educate our audience and work with graphic design team and video editors to produce high-performing social content
- Work with content team, writers, and operations to ensure that we are properly promoting our own initiatives (e.g. updates, events, product launches, news, announcements)
- Engage with our readers, followers, listeners and fans across all channels daily
- Monitor social analytics to identify high-performing content and improve our content strategy
- Monitor all social channels and implement strategies to boost engagement and drive growth
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of previous work experience
- Experience with content creation, writing, reporting, or producing image/video content is a major plus
- Proficient in major social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Previous experience in media and content is a plus
- Ability to work and operate efficiently to meet quick turnarounds
- Extreme attention to detail to avoid common errors like typos, spelling mistakes and design flaws
- Willingness to “work” on weekends - you will watch pro pickleball and post updates
- Experience with copywriting
About Upswing Sports & The Dink
Upswing Sports is a portfolio of ventures related to racquet sports, with an emphasis on the fastest growing sport in the world, pickleball. Our cornerstone media property, The Dink, publishes daily content for 100s of thousands of followers, readers and listeners across its two newsletters, two podcasts, news website and expansive social media presence. Upswing Sports also engages in leagues, events, ecommerce and tech via its other ventures.