Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Steel City
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Steel City Brand is family owned and operated clothing brand, who has been in business for over 11 years. We are looking for a fun, outgoing individual to work collaboratively with our team to manage our social media platforms and influencer base. This person should be able to tell stories through our channels that are interesting and compelling to our community.
- Deeply understand the brand, its values, target audience, and the competitive landscape. Use this understanding to generate insights about the consumer and the market.
- Develop compelling and innovative ideas and strategies that seamlessly blend the brand’s objectives with audience interests, ensuring that content and campaigns resonate with the target demographic.
- Use data and analytics to inform strategies, ensuring that recommendations are backed by solid research and understanding of trends, ensuring efforts are optimized for maximum impact.
- Source and work with content creators to regularly create content across all brand pillars.
- Serve as the bridge between marketing goals and creative execution, ensuring that creative outputs align with brand strategy and effectively communicate the desired message.
- Upload media across social and e-commerce channels.
- Work closely with various departments (e.g., marketing, design, production) to ensure that creative strategies are feasible, on-brand, and effectively meet business objectives.
- Visually document the behind the scenes of our brand.
- Contact existing and new influencers to generate content.
- Engage our community to request UGC.
- Generate reporting to show growth across set KPIs.
- Provide social and marketing strategies for new product launches and collaborations.
- Steer the creative ship with innovative ideas that set us apart.
- Be our pulse on the industry by researching current platform and market trends, ensuring we’re always a step ahead.
- Dive deep into our creatives and sculpt to perfection. That means editing existing content to fit evolving narratives.
- Get crafty and construct new storytelling wonders from existing pieces.
- Edit video (or source contractors) to develop new concepts from existing pieces.
- 3+ years of social media management
- 2+ years working with social media influencers and affiliates
- 2+ years of professional experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography and videography experience preferred
Additional Skills & Competencies
- Super outgoing, must love to collaborate with others
- Works both creatively and strategically
- Must be able to create compelling content
- Clear written and verbal communication
You’re Perfect For This If:
- You’re passionate about storytelling in all its forms.
- You’re a leader, not just in position but in spirit.
- Change doesn’t scare you; it inspires you.
- Deadlines? You meet them with a smile and a finished project.
This is a contract to hire position. If a full time position is presented, we offer health and dental benefits, PTO, paid holidays, flexible schedules, work from home capabilities and a creative environment with people who love to make things and make customers happy.
Candidate must live in the Pittsburgh area as this position is part on site and part work from home.