Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Sparks Group
Location: District of Columbia, United States
Social Media Manager Summary:
Sparks Group and a non-profit located in Washington, DC have partnered together to find a highly motivated and experienced Social Media Manager who will promote awareness and build recognition of the company and the services it offers among the public, the media, and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience using their creativity and an analytical mindset to develop and grow online communities. This candidate will embrace open collaboration, possess intellectual curiosity, and thrive on building an online following to help the company fulfill its strategic priorities.
Social Media Manager Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Director of Public Relations to develop overarching social media strategy, working closely with PR agency and others to help achieve strategic priorities.
- Develop and maintain social media calendar for primary social channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube accounts, as well as any other social channels that may be added to the strategy.
- Draft content and publish to all social channels per the content calendar.
- Define KPIs and develop monthly reports that show performance by channel.
- Develop social listening reports to aid in content development opportunities for paid social media initiatives, earned content, blog posts, and beyond.
- Use real-time engagement data, sentiment analysis, and social listening activities to continuously optimize and inform the social media strategy.
- Collaborate and maintain close relationships with cross-functional teams to maximize reach of social media efforts and ensure alignment across channels and content publishing/generating teams.
- Use analytics to boost engagement on all digital platforms, and use metrics to measure success, shifting strategy when necessary.
- Monitor print, broadcast, online and social media daily for company news and industry-related news.
- Benchmark and monitor competitors and industry leaders in social media to apply best practices.
- Prepare presentations/reports for staff as needed.
- Attend company and industry conferences/events where live social media coverage is required.
- Manage and monitor the company’s social media communities, regularly replying to comments, answering questions, and looking for opportunities to join conversations; triage escalated comments/questions to appropriate departments (both risks and opportunities).
- Regularly monitor online communities to share content and engage with audiences.
- Assist in the development of social media guidelines and templates that reflect the brand.
- Build, moderate, and grow communities on applicable social media platforms.
- Assist in the development of response guidelines and templates that address both criticisms and positive feedback.
- Develop monthly reports that showcase risks and opportunities based on content review.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Create and monitor topic lists to enable participation in relevant discussions.
- Assist in the development of personalized social strategies for in-house thought leaders and co-manage where appropriate; develop and post content for select LinkedIn and Twitter executive social media accounts.
- Create and manage a list of thought leaders and influencers and assist in strategy development to engage and partner with these individuals.
- Monitor both internal and external thought leadership account activity and escalate potential opportunities to appropriate team members.
- Create and maintain social media resource center for staff, Board members, and Ambassadors, with tools, resources, and reports.
Social Media Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or related discipline.
- 5-7+ years of social media management experience.
- Advanced experience with major social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Reddit).
- Proven track record of handling and organically growing social media accounts for a midsize to large organization.
- Proven experience using publishing, curation, monitoring, and reporting tools such as Meltwater, Hootsuite, or others.
- Thorough knowledge of social metrics with the ability to measure, analyze, and evaluate content performance on social media platforms for continuous enhancement.
- Experience devising and implementing large-scale social media campaigns.
- Proficient at graphic design, using apps such as Adobe Creative Suite or Canva.
- Demonstrated proactive project management skills, ability to juggle short-term and long-term tasks/responsibilities on deadline.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to convey complex information accurately and concisely in an understandable manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues within CFP Board as well as with outside partners and vendors.
- Self-motivated, problem-solver with ability to develop alternative solutions.
- Proficiency with Meltwater Social Media Management Tool, Smartsheet, Microsoft Office.