Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: SmartyPants Vitamins
Location: Marina del Rey, CA
We are SmartyPants Vitamins – the best-selling vitamin and supplement brand known for making high-quality, nutrient-dense, unbelievably delicious gummy multivitamins for the whole family.
Our mission is to bring better health to the real world. How? By making premium products that are crafted to fit delightfully into the lives of real families, and by giving back to women and children in need with the help of our partners at Vitamin Angels. With over 27MM nutrient grants donated to date, and happy customers all over the world, we are well on our way to accomplishing our goal.
In this next phase of our growth journey, we are seeking the help of an experienced creator to bring our brand to life in social and connect with our virtual community of health-minded moms and parents. As our Social Media Manager, you’ll lead strategy and content creation across SmartyPants’ social media accounts — with the ability to translate our long and short-term business goals into a cross-platform social presence that helps to grow the brand.
The ideal candidate will feel comfortable being the face and voice of SmartyPants in social and have experience identifying trends and creating content across a variety of channels and creative formats. You’ll have the strategic and analytical acumen to interpret performance and make optimization recommendations, with an appetite to be constantly testing, learning, and iterating. And, of course, good ‘mom joke’ here and there is always appreciated!
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development and implementation of social strategy across all SmartyPants Vitamins social channels (including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, new and emerging platforms, etc.), in line with brand goals and objectives
- Lead the creation (briefing, concepting, production) of all social assets, either independently as a content creator, or by working with external creators, influencers, and agencies
- Brainstorm and execute creative tactics and activations that grow SmartyPants’ following, engagement, and share of voice
- Oversee monthly content calendar planning and scheduling, daily publishing, and community management
- Partner with Influencer, Paid Media, and eCommerce/DTC teams to ensure our strategies are cohesive, impactful, and efficient across communications tactics
- Partner with PR agency and internal team to brainstorm earned/owned strategies that amplify brand awareness during relevant cultural moments
- Partner with Customer Service team to translate key customer insights into meaningful, value-adding content
- Serve as a brand claims expert, reviewing and approving all social content and copy for regulatory compliance (in partnership with SmartyPants RA/QA team)
- Develop performance goals and monthly performance reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of social content and provide optimization recommendations
- Closely follow the social media landscape to keep the brand relevant and ahead of fast-moving trends
What You’ll Have:
- 5+ years of experience as a social media content creator (in-house, agency, or independent) or working in social media management
- Experience using a mobile phone to capture short-form video and still content (Reels, IG stories, BTS content, gifs, etc); experience using native social media editing tools to create platform-optimized content
- Experience developing strategy and managing monthly content calendars for consumer brands
- Proven success in fostering vibrant and engaged communities across multiple social platforms
- Experience growing social followings and increasing community engagement
- Enjoys concepting and brainstorming innovative campaigns and tactics,
- Excellent written communication and editing skills, with the ability to write clear briefs for agency and creative partners
- Knowledge of organic and paid social, with the ability to connect the dots to maximize brand presence
- Understanding of how to use analytics to optimize creative content and prove performance
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment
What you’ll get:
- Flexible work hours
- FREE SmartyPants Vitamins plus a friends & family discount
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress code & open office environment
- Experience a company with a strong mission, great culture, and super fun, passionate people
SmartyPants is a fast-moving and mission-driven company that values transparency, excellence, and transformation. Our headquarters in Marina del Rey are a former architect’s office, a two-story space where we work in an open environment with no elevator access to our 2nd floor offices. We have a communal garden, and we are dog-friendly, often with several pups in the office at any given time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SmartyPants Vitamins is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SmartyPants, Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing Los Angeles based supplement company focused on providing premium all-in-one vitamins for the entire family. In 2020 we joined Unilever as part of the Health & Wellbeing Collective, yielding additional support as we continue to grow the brand globally. From the start, SmartyPants Vitamins has been about family, authenticity and a core commitment to our collective well-being. SmartyPants believes in making it easier to stay healthy by providing best-in-class products that also taste great.
We’re industry leaders in testing, transparency, and advocacy, from sourcing the highest-quality ingredients to testing and packaging. We have an appreciation for the comedy and intensity that comes from working in a company with explosive growth and a strong sense of social responsibility.