Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Sally Beauty
Location: Denton, TX
Job Title: Manager, Social Media (Hybrid Position working 2 days a week in Denton TX Support Center)
Implements the company’s social media strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and PR teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media influencer network.
- 45% Manage social media campaigns and day-today activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc. Manage presence in social networking sites including Instagram, Facebook, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as need. Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- 20% Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into al of the company’s products and services.
- 35% Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results. Regularly provide feedback/insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing team, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion. Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and application.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college in Journalism, English, Communications or related field
- At least 5-7 years in social media, public relations, journalism, corporate communications or related
Competencies / Attributes
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter, Flicker, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Creative brainstorming ability
Working Conditions /Physical Requirements
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, files, books, small parts; using a keyboard, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- The position requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as shipment or record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
- The work requires considerable and strenuous physical exertion such as frequent climbing of tall ladders; lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds, crouching or crawling or strenuous physical exertion.