Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Princess Cruises Santa Clarita, CA
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (remote)
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced Medallion Class Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
We’re looking for an amazing Social Media Manager to fill this role. You’ll be responsible for leading all social media for the brand in order to generate awareness, bookings and industry-leading social engagement.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Manager, Social Media. Is this you?
- Develop and execute channel strategy for relevant social media channels with the support of Social Media Specialist.
- Lead development of social content and campaign strategies.
- Oversee integration of organic content to maximize efficiency.
- Collaborate with internal teams and agencies to integrate social media elements into marketing campaigns and onboard touchpoints.
- Partner with Product Management, Onboard Marketing and Integrated Marketing teams to align social media strategies with business needs and objectives, continuously evolving content mix to fit the needs of the business.
- In support of overall social media strategy, oversee the creation and curation of a steady cadence of on-brand, engaging content for all social channels, using internal and external partners.
- Serve as internal consultant to in-house teams who develop content, optimizing assets for social distribution and integrating social elements into campaigns.
- Produce quarterly integrated campaigns across key initiatives, including New Builds, MedallionClass, and Key Destinations. Partnering with Brand, Digital, Onboard and/or Product teams to spike engagement and increase brand awareness throughout the year.
- Oversee global teams in development of social media content for international audiences.
- Identify relevant opportunities for innovative social content and execute a/b testing to stay relevant to our followers and increase lead generation
- Serve as lead for social media incident and crisis response, providing strategic recommendations to senior leadership and managing team to ensure efficient, appropriate response.
- Collaborate with international team members to deliver consistency in social customer service experience in key markets (e.g., UK, Australia).
- Mentor and lead social community management to engage with social community and respond to all customer service issues.
- Provide leadership with social media and forum insights and analytics regarding issues, incidents and opportunities.
- Develop monthly report of social media analytics and outcomes to share with executive team.
- Build listening dashboards in Sprinkr and consistently review key themes and trends in conversations about the brand and competitive set.
- Develop ad hoc reporting for executives to provide insights into product development, campaigns and trends.
- Lead and develop Social Media Specialist
- Manage social media and influencer relations agency-of-record and other consultants.
- Oversee relationships with social media vendors and suppliers.
- Stay abreast of all company communications, policies, brand guidelines, product enhancements and itineraries.
- Stay abreast of cruise industry and social media developments by reading trade publications and monitoring online content from key social media accounts and influencers.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of social media trends, tactics and tools.
- Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Social Media, Marketing, Business or equivalent work experience.
- Five to seven years of progressive experience developing and executing marketing or public relations programs, including at least three to five years focused on social media strategies and campaigns.
- Two or more years of management experience.
- Deep understanding of Facebook Business Suite, Instagram for Business and platforms such as Twitter, TikTok and YouTube for developing cohesive and strategic marketing campaigns
- Experience of using the latest social media monitoring/analysis tools and platforms
- Experience with creative content curation and/or execution, working with creative teams, photographers and videographers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in planning and strategizing integrated communications programs across multiple media.
- Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously.
- Strong competency in MS Office software ( Outlook, Excel etc.)
- MBA is a plus.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibilities and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact [email protected]