Job Title: Social Media Manager, Presonus
Company: Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
Location: Baton Rouge, LA or Hollywood, CA WFO/WFH
Within Fender Musical Instrument Corporation’s (“FMIC”) global Marketing team, our mission is to serve players at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally. At PreSonus, we believe in innovation that removes barriers and creates solutions that inspire everyone to reach their creative goals. Our passion for audio and music is celebrated through our commitment to our customers and our employees. From home to studio to stage, PreSonus is there.
The Social Media Manager, Presonus creates and maintains a strong online presence for the PreSonus brand, implementing online marketing strategies through the PreSonus social media accounts and supports the overall PreSonus brand. The Social Media manager develops original content and suggests creative ways to reach and engage more customers and grow awareness to the brand, bringing in other members of the PreSonus Marketing Team to assist as needed to align with broader marketing strategies.
**This is a hybrid WFO/WFH position. Candidates must be located within commutable distance to Hollywood, CA or Baton Rouge, LA.
About The Job
- Develop and curate engaging content for PreSonus social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Assist in the creation and editing of written and video content for social channels, content marketing, online merchandising, and sales support.
- Assist and lead the content captures for the social media channels, this includes live events and producing video and photo shoots.
- Lead creation of and distribute reports measuring and analyzing campaign metrics with the goal of adjusting tactics to optimize growth, engagement and overall performance, leverage insight to identify opportunities for improvement and rationale for execution of campaigns
- Manage analytics reporting and online listening to create insights reports ensuring that the brand has a constant pulse on what fans are saying online
- Manage day to day relationships with key social media vendors/agencies and channel partners including YouTube, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Khoros and more
- Draft social media portion of go-to-market plans for new product launches, integrating creative assets, events, other campaigns etc
- Lead team brainstorms and developing planning documents and creative briefs in partnership with Marketing team
- Lead asset management with Workfront requests and Dropbox organization
- Stay current on what’s trending online as well as what’s changing in social media in order to provide strategic POVs and recommendations
- Partner with Paid Media and outside Agency teams on campaign development to drive traffic and grow follower base
- Work closely with Customer Service to monitor and make strategic recommendations on how to respond on our social channels, providing prompt, accurate customer service to customers
- Work with Artist Relations team for all influencer and artist outreach.
- Contribute to the global, multi-cultural expansion and authenticity of the brand
- Maintain a positive and professional work attitude
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Monitor online activity across departments and geographical areas to ensure anyone using the company’s online tools is following established guidelines and best-practice rules
- Write engaging blog stories about Artists, Events, Promotions, etc using SEO best practices
- Work closely with the content/digital product team for Studio One and Sphere to align strategies, calendars and tactics.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
What You Need
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in social media marketing, public relations, or agency
- Advanced proficiency in PreSonus and/or competitive brand’s products and software
- Strong social copywriting skills and demonstrable creative/concepting skills
- Expert in social media management tools like Khoros, Sprout Social, Creator Studio, UTM link, Google Analytics, Bit.ly, etc.
- Strong background in content planning, briefing, and strategy
- Ability to see from the consumer’s perspective and serve as their advocate
- Experience producing, shooting and editing video and photo content for social media channels
- Passionate about understanding consumer behavior with a demonstrated ability to translate findings into meaningful, prosperous long-term relationships
- Previous experience on paid social and acquisition campaigns
- Previous experience building an engaged social community
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with an ability to make decisions for the business
- Team-player; ability to work proactively with all business divisions and drive results
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments and with multi-cultural brands
- A love of music is required!
About Fender Musical Instruments
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.