Job Title: Social Media Manager - Organic Growth - Lincolnshire, IL
Company: Camping World
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Camping World Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Lincolnshire, IL, (together with its subsidiaries) is America’s largest retailer of RVs and related products and services. Our vision is to build a long-term legacy business that makes RVing fun and easy, and our Camping World and Good Sam brands have been serving RV consumers since 1966.
We strive to build long-term value for our customers, employees, and shareholders by combining a unique and comprehensive assortment of RV products and services with a national network of RV dealerships, service centers and customer support centers along with the industry’s most extensive online presence and a highly trained and knowledgeable team of employees serving our customers, the RV lifestyle, and the communities in which we operate.
We also believe that our Good Sam organization and family of programs and services uniquely enable us to connect with our customers as stewards of the RV enthusiast community and the RV lifestyle. With RV sales and service locations in 42 states, Camping World has grown to become the prime destinations for everything RV.
Social Media Manager - Organic Growth, Good Sam
This is a hybrid role that can be based out of our Chicago or Lincolnshire, Il offices.
Good Sam is the world’s largest organization of RV and outdoor enthusiasts with over 2 million members. Good Sam started in 1966 with the expansion of the highway system and a community of drivers that used a sticker to signal out support and partnership. We serve to celebrate the open road and the community of travelers that ride it. We started out as travelers helping travelers 57 years ago. We still do.
We protect our customer’s joy out on the road by providing membership clubs, as well as subscription-based products, services and publications in the United States and Canada. The company operates 187 stores of Camping World, a leading RV-related specialty retailer, and RV.net, an RV-focused website.
We are looking for a Social Manager to grow Good Sam’s audience and brand. You will help drive the growth and conversation across our social channels forward and establish a new aesthetic and POV. You will bring strategic and creative thinking to the table, and work with the editorial/business teams to help innovate what can be brought to that space and the type of storytelling that can happen.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Work with the publishing and editorial team around different publishing cadences for the social channels, encouraging collaboration; vet and shape story ideas from Wildsam editors for digital channels.
- Find and work with creative collaborators/partners around original social initiatives
- Liaise with the Partnerships Manager to ensure we’re maximizing branded collaboration opportunities.
- Define KPIs, monitor campaigns and analyze data obtained.
- Liaise with the Head of Brand Creative to maintain the editorial calendar and creative approach.
- Build consistent workflow, communication and transfer of ideas.
- Contribute ideas and trends at all story and brainstorm meetings regardless of channel
- Help inform what content lives on which channels. Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Ideate and produce surprising beautiful content for social channels that is tied into a timely global conversation
- Liaise with Wildsam’s social team to solve how that channel and Good Sam’s channel can work together
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- A minimum of five years’ experience in content creation and social
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a Digital Media Specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Experience in creating social media strategies
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Creative problem solver
- Travel as needed for both internal and external meetings and events.
- Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and more! Part-time associates are offered access to dental & vision coverage! For more information please visit: www.mycampingworldbenefits.com
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.