Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Los Angeles, California
Who We Are
Munchkin is one of the most innovative and fast-growing consumer product companies in the world! With over 320+ patents under our belt, we continue to create solutions that leave our customers asking, “how did I ever live without this?” Recognized as #8 on America’s Most Innovative Companies list by Fortune Magazine, innovation is the core of our company DNA and has been driving our designs for 30 years
Founded in 1990, Munchkin has sold billions of dollars of products through our key retail partners: Target, Walmart and Amazon and has global distribution in over 50 countries. We are industry leaders in design and innovation with over 140 international product and brand design awards in the past 5 years and growing!
We lead with our core values and believe that investing in the community is our responsibility. We create opportunities for every child’s potential and well-being through the Radiant Colors program, work to create a sustainable future, and in partnership with the International Fund for Animal welfare have committed to animal conservation.
After 30 years of being a leader in the baby industry, Munchkin is growing up and expanding our business reach to even more consumers with the launch of Curio, a highly curated line of home goods inspired by curiosity.
There is no better time than now to join Munchkin as we embark on our next and biggest growth journey moving us into technology focused, higher valued products, and household consumer goods. Munchkin is growing up and you could be the next influential leader to play a key role in driving enormous customer-centered value and rapid growth.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Director of Social Media & PR to define and implement the global content strategy.
- Work with global brand partners to lead social media campaign development and initiatives.
- Ideate new initiatives, campaigns and projects that align with brand objectives and social media goals.
- Evaluate, prioritize and predict Munchkin brand needs and have a clear understanding of what social media successes looks like.
- Ideate and develop quarterly and monthly content, inclusive of holidays, campaigns, product launches, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to develop creative briefs for the in-house Brand Design team.
- Manage delivery and approval of all global content on time via Sprout Social.
- Ensure materials are revised, approved and distributed to key/global stakeholders.
- Monitor and manage Munchkin’s social media channels through Sprout Social, inclusive of updating profiles, Instagram Highlights, cover photos etc.
- Address appropriate comments and/or flag to the appropriate team members (i.e., Customer Service).
- Monitor social media landscape to identify trends, relevant content to repurpose, Munchkin fan created content, etc.
- Identify and institute best practices for all Munchkin social accounts.
- Oversee successful launch and completion of campaigns to meet goals, budgets and deadlines.
Measurement & Reporting
- Develop and present reports inclusive of content performance, competitor performance and recommendations.
- Work with global teams to ensure reporting is delivered in a consistent format.
- Be a key stakeholder in and work with internal and external partners or agencies on campaigns and projects.
- Schedule internal / external meetings when necessary and ensure projects and next steps are noted and followed up in a timely fashion.
Education, Experience, Knowledge (Requirements)
- 5+ years’ experience helping to run social media for a global brand.
- Experience maintaining and growing social audiences across multiple platforms.
- Creative and strategic thinker with high attention to detail, process and management skills.
- Well-versed in current and emerging social platforms.
- Experience conceptualizing and presenting big ideas and new formats.
- An eye for visual design and ability to capture and curate best-in-class social content.
- Strong writing and editorial skills.
- Experience using social media tools like Sprout Social, Later, and Iconosquare.
We Got You Covered!
As a Great Place to Work Certified™ company, we are committed to offering the best to our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, wellness benefits, generous employer-matched 401(k) plan, Paid Childcare Leave, among other benefit plans. Our total rewards are top of market and includes competitive salary, bonus and opportunities to earn equity. We focus on supporting employee development and growth.
We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At our company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world.
To give our people flexibility, we offer hybrid work environment. Munchkin’s Hybrid Schedule is where an employee works in the office on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and remotely from home on Tuesday and Friday.
We also provide annual weeklong global office closures giving our people a chance to recharge.
Salary range: $80,000-$100,000
To learn more, visit us at www.munchkin.com.
Munchkin welcomes and values what makes everyone unique. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status.
Applicant Privacy Statement