Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Modern Family Law
Location: Denver Metropolitan Area
We are looking for a talented Social Media Manager to administer our social media accounts and coordinate staff credentials and awards. You will be responsible for creating or seeking out original text and video content, managing posts, and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a coordinated way to achieve our marketing goals. As a Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Using social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s brand.
- Planning and developing social media campaigns.
- Working with our marketing team to develop integrated marketing campaigns.
- Crafting compelling content or managing its development.
- Posting content across social media accounts.
- Interacting with customers and other stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts
- Analyzing the company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy and identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- Researching social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities.
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes, and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs.
- Establish credential and award objectives.
- Develop a plan for sustaining and obtaining new awards and credentials.
Minimum Skills Required
Social Media: The ability to use social media to maintain or build a brand is necessary to be a Social Media Manager. These professionals are expected to regularly post text, video and images that engage the company’s target market, follow online conversations on a company’s social media accounts and solve customer concerns using social media platforms.
Communication: Great verbal and written communication skills are essential for this occupation. A Social Media Manager must interact with writers, designers, developers and customers and report to senior management personnel. As good communicators, these professionals must identify social media events such as an interesting hashtag or a sensitive topic and share appropriate content that aligns with the company’s social media strategy.
Creativity: Crafting engaging content is an important skill for a Social Media Manager. These professionals must constantly align content with customer trends and market changes to interest and engage people.
Technology: Computer skills, skills in using social media platforms and skills in using tools that analyze social media platforms are requirements for this position. A Social Media Manager must use digital technologies to meet the goals of social media campaigns.
Research: Skills in learning social media trends, identifying new social media tools and finding real-time online conversations are necessary for this position. Social Media Managers must understand the trends and techniques of social media as well as the company’s online presence to effectively handle social media marketing.
Time Management: The skill of organizing tasks to meet deadlines is essential for this professional role. Social Media Managers work according to schedules and must meet marketing and business goals.
Prior experience as a copywriter.
Prior experience as a content manager.
Prior experience in graphic design.
Education and Training
A bachelor’s degree in internet marketing, journalism or a related field is usually expected for this mid-level position. Work experience of a minimum of one or two years in social media creation and management is required.
A Social Media Manager is expected to be experienced in using social media for marketing purposes. Internship or volunteering activities in writing, social media marketing and leadership can demonstrate that a candidate has gained the expertise needed for this position.
$70,000 – $75,000