Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority - LVCVA
Location: Las Vegas, NV
The Social Media Manager will implement social media strategies to market Las Vegas as the world’s most desirable leisure and business travel destination. This position will work closely with the Director of Social Media and the organization’s social media agency to develop strategic brand campaigns and social-first content across all Vegas social channels.
What You’ll Do:
Keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive.
- Manage social campaigns across the business, weddings, extended destinations, and leisure markets from concept to launch while continually optimizing content to meet destination goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute social content calendars that support the destination’s social growth strategy and provide a consistent brand voice.
- Work closely with destination partners and internal stakeholders to identify and implement social strategies to solve business needs.
- Review internal and external data, consumer research, and other factors affecting communication strategies across social channels, focusing on business and convention segments.
- Review media plans and manage production budgets for assigned verticals.
- Review performance data from paid and organic posts, implementing actionable insights.
- Work with social media influencers and media partners to promote the destination.
- Manage production shoots from concept to launch – including talent selection, wardrobe, storyboard approvals, and final product development.
- Monitor social trends and keep up to date with platform tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or journalism
- Advanced understanding of social media marketing and social platforms
- Minimum three (3) years of professional marketing experience in social or brand marketing
- Knowledge of the Las Vegas destination preferred
- Experience with social content management and influencer management platforms preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong time management with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with above-average written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with vendors, management, and other ambassadors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while being detail oriented
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the LVCVA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].