Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Crimson Education
Location: United States
Want to revolutionize the future of education and do meaningful work that transforms future generations’ lives?
Crimson Education is a Series C, global EdTech startup founded in 2013 with the idea that through personalized education and technology, we can transform students into the world leaders of tomorrow. We’re now in 28 markets and have an ambitious team of 700 that’s rapidly expanding across the globe. Our tech platform connects 3000 tutors/mentors to students aiming to achieve admission and scholarships to top universities or their dream career pathway.
We are looking for an energetic creative thinker who is obsessed with social media trends and video content creation. The purpose of this role is to manage, ideate, strategize, plan, execute, grow and report on all of Crimson’s global social media platforms. In this role, you will ensure Crimson remains the leader in the college admissions consultancy landscape engaging both parents and students audiences!
What are the main responsibilities for this role?
- Ownership of all social media channels including content production, scheduling and monitoring of content across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Discord and LinkedIn.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy to increase follower growth, engagement, brand awareness and website traffic.
- Manage and develop a social media content calendar to ensure timely and relevant posts in an organised and produced ahead of schedule.
- Create and curate high-quality, engaging content for all of Crimson Education’s social channels, including written posts, images and videos.
- Identify and execute fresh, innovative & exciting ideas through regularly reviews of industry news, competitor landscape and trends
- Schedule and optimise the posting of social media content, ensuring a consistent and engaging presence.
- Lead all social media initiatives, including brainstorming, presenting, filming, and editing video content if needed.
- Generate social media reports and audits to evaluate performance and adjust the strategy accordingly, with a strong focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Develop a pipeline of content creators, collaborators and partnerships to enhance all platforms content and engagement.
- Management and sourcing of talent: from influencers to young content creators to Crimson subject matter experts
- Foster and grow our online community through active engagement, responding to comments, messages, and facilitating discussions
- Manage briefs with our internal stakeholders, including design, video, content, subject matter experts and our sub-brands teams to produce content for our channels.
- Provide guidance to our local markets as to how to effectively manage trends, social insights, content strategy, and share best practices.
What skills and experience are required?
- 3+ years of experience in similar in-house or agency role
- Demonstrated success in driving follower growth and engagement with links to previous work
- Strong understanding of marketing fundamentals, short-form video content creation, algorithms, and trends
- Experience in outreach and managing of influencers and content creators
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- SEO experience for captions and video titling
- Knowledge about the US/UK admissions process preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluent English with perfect grammar)
Why work for Crimson?
- Rapidly growing start-up, with a flexible working environment where you will be empowered to structure how you work
- Limitless development and exposure - our internal promotions/role changes made up 33% of all recruitment last year
- $1000 nzd individual training budget per year, we love to ‘Level Up’ (it’s one of our core values)!
- Our staff’s mental health is important for us, we have a Psychologist on staff.
- Insightful fireside chats and workshops to help support our high-performing and ambitious team skills
- ‘Radical Candor’ is our feedback approach
- We’re a global player with 28 markets (and growing) across the globe. Most roles have the option to work from one of our many offices or remotely!
This is a full-time position & fully remote.
If you’re passionate about growing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and want to work with cutting-edge technology then we’d love to hear from you!
IMPORTANT: Please keep an eye on your spam / junk email folder for correspondence from “Team Tailor”. Its the recruitment platform we work with and sometimes our emails get filtered to spam.